amule

longgone

:thumbsup: :clap: .......In PCLOS92 ... was using amule for some d/ling .. but now when I try to use it I can't get it to open up .. I can click on the "amule" entry in the file trnsfer part of the networking portion but it won't open ... have removed it and reinstalled it twice with the same results ... suggestions anyone ..

Dale,My memory is weak, but I think amule is basically broken in PCLos. I am only thinking along these lines because I remember something about it in the PCLos mailing list, when I was reading it a while ago.what do you get when running amule from a terminal window?Adam

Adam,,,,Have not tried to run it using the cli ... but since I also have 93A installed and it works there I just figured it should work in 92 also ..My only irriations with 93A is the display needs to be resized both ways and as of yet I can't find a good font size that works on all ... but other than that 93A is fair to middlin'

Bruno, I might be thinking of another p2p app that has been abandoned. From the digging I have done at the PCLos mailing list, it seems there may be an issue with wxGTK. Dale,What version of amule is on your system?Adam

Adam...This is the response to "amule" in a terminal (PCLOS92)...

[dale@localhost ~]$ amuleamule: /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_core-2.6.so.0: version `WX_2.6.2' not found (required by amule)amule: /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2_core-2.6.so.0: version `WX_2.6.3' not found (required by amule)

Dale, what i would do is completely remove the wxGTK and amule packages and reinstall them.... not just upgrade.Make sure they don't take a bunch of other stuff with them on the way out.Adam

Removing "amule" doesn't take anything with it .... removing the wxGTK2.6.3 pkg also takes about 18 other pkgs with it ... that being the case I think my best bet is to leave well enough alone and use the "amule" in 93A ... less headache all the way around