Shopping for HS/F

Grasshopper

Grasshopper

My second machine is an Athlon 1333 and is running a bit warm (up to about 70C). It resides upstairs where it is harder to cool the room and hence the CPU. It has a generic Coolermaster HS/F on it.I've been doing some research on good cooling with good value and relative quiet. What are you guys doing to cool your Athlon Thunderbirds? and I want to read some good reviews on HS/F comparisons.Thanks,tbird

70C is way too hot for my liking. Most of my rigs fall between 40C and 45C. There is a reason datacenters are kept chilled...

Grasshopper

Thanks for the replies. I was having trouble finding a good, up-to-date, comprehensive set of reviews. Just snippets here and there. Yes case fans are prolly the answer in this "case" although it still is a cheap CPU fan. My other, main machine is a CyberpowerPC barebones with a better fan and many case fans (can you say noisy?). It runs consistently between 47 and 52C which is acceptable to me since I don't overclock...yet. It seems that you can find more sites on how to overclock than to prevent damage.

Antec makes very quiet case fans. They even thermally-controlled speed fans.
Antec is the brand that I've been buying for my Athlon 1.4Ghz machine. I have a couple of their standard ball-bearing fans and I have a blue LED fan that I put in when I go to a LAN party (I'll probably be getting a blue cold-cathode light to go with it). I would heartily recommend their fans. :lol: