Ubuntu installation

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Great pics! I am really enjoying Ubuntu (pronounced oobuntu, I just found out last night during our show on CNI Radio).Got more to install, but on dialup that will have to wait (KDE,etc.) till I get the care package from Adam. B) Thanks Adam!

Got more to install, but on dialup that will have to wait (KDE,etc.) till I get the care package from Adam. B) Thanks Adam!
Well, if the list of stuff that you want downloaded would stop growing... I would be happy to get it out! :lol:Adam

Guest LilBambi

Still very nice Charlie :thumbsup:Hey, Adam ... wait a minute ... you are the one who keeps asking if there is anything else. :w00t: :lol:Truthfully though, I really appreciate what you are doing for us. You know first hand recently just how interesting dialup can be to get even updates, much less full CD images. So, thank you so much! B)

Well, if the list of stuff that you want downloaded would stop growing... I would be happy to get it out! :lol:Adam
Have you seen this:
Ubuntu doesn't offer DVDs ready to download with its main, universe and multiverse repositories. With the contents of this howto you can do it yourself and, for those not able to or not willing to do all the stuff explained here, I have prepared the DVD images ready to download as .torrent files. Having the Ubuntu or Debian repositories in DVD can be useful for those users who don't have access to the Internet where they have their Ubuntu installed but have access somewhere else to download the repository and build and burn the DVDs.
http://cargol.net/~ramon/ubuntu-dvd-en#AEN25 B)

Yeah, I am looking at it now... might be a better solution. It would be nice for LilBambi to be able to install anything after she had those DVDs.Adam