Download TV shows?

James M. Fisher

James M. Fisher

Can someone direct me to a (legit) site where one can download an episode of a TV show that I have missed? (They need to available to viewers outside the U.S.) :clap:

I think James is refering to a topic started by Bob3160 that had links to American sites. I checked those out too. Up in the Great White North, we download what we want...We just need the sites to do it with ! :hysterical:Maybe Googling for "tv reruns" or something along those lines will get some results, James ? :clap:

Edited by Guitar Man

Has anyone here joined this site? I am wary of paying up front before I can check it out.Thanks all. I don't mind paying to download an episode or two, I just wanted to be sure I could do it from Canada. o:)
Not me-I found it using Google.

From the FAQs

What is inside the member's area?You will find all of the latest tools for accessing the largest peer-to-peer networks on the planet.
So it sounds like you are going to be downloading via a torrent. IMHO, you have no idea what you are getting.

If you have a good bittorrent client, such as azereus or the offcial BT client, they will tell you what files are included in the torrent. It is no more dangerous than downloading a file from an FTP server.

If you have a good bittorrent client, such as azereus or the offcial BT client, they will tell you what files are included in the torrent.
If you're on Windows, use uTorrent. It's simply the best BT client ever made.

I don't do any torrent downloads. If that's the only way to get something, then I don't get it.
Did you get bit once? Or are you just taking precautions? I'm curious why you are anti-torrent?-Matt

I don't do any torrent downloads. If that's the only way to get something, then I don't get it.
Weird, without torrent support a lot of linux isos wouldn't get to be used by a lot of people. It's sad to see people reacting to torrents as a bad thing when it fact it's a great way to share file(s). It does not mean you are sharing illegal files. Some people can't afford the bandwidth costs it takes to distribute a perfectly legit file.If I need to find a tv show that I want to watch I usually head to mininova.org. Yes you will find people sharing illegal content, but you will also find legit files with great speeds for downloading.It's like anything else in the world. You're gonna find people that use things for the wrong purpose. People do the same thing with ftp and http sites, gonna stop using them too? You just need to be aware of where you're at and what you're getting.If you're worried about port forwarding ports, than don't. You can still download without forwarding any ports. If you're worried about sharing, than don't. You can set up clients to not upload. People really need to learn about this wonderful tool we have available. Edited by havnblast

Well, I agree to a point ... I don't use Torrent if I can use another DL method, maybe I'm doing something wrong but on 8Mb/s download I need to wait up to 21day for the DL to complete ... this is fast? :yes: I have not downloaded any Linux ISO via Torrent because it'll take tooo D*** long. B)

Well, I agree to a point ... I don't use Torrent if I can use another DL method, maybe I'm doing something wrong but on 8Mb/s download I need to wait up to 21day for the DL to complete ... this is fast? :yes: I have not downloaded any Linux ISO via Torrent because it'll take tooo D*** long. B)
99% of the time, it is because your router is not configured properly.;)Adam

99% of the time, it is because your router is not configured properly. ;) Adam
To do what?You see, I love answers like yours ...
The problem's cause is that some ports on your router are blocked by default and the solution is to open them up. We had to find it the hard way because lots of FAQ lists out there don't give enough detail on how to solve this issue.
:whistling: So, no wonder sorry people like me just just FTP ... no FTP download, no download nuffin. :) Sorry, gone a little OT here. o:)

You are right.... there are not many good FAQs out there..... have you ever found one that was truly useful (besides Bruno's tips)? :PHowever, once I had my router configured properly, torrents started flying. Usually, i can easily max out my download speed on a torrent (assuming enough) people seed it).But, it is true..... it can be a pain to figure out what is needed to get a good download for a torrent. It is as much an art as configuring your virtual memory settings in Windows. Some ways wrk better for some folks than others. Also, it really boils down to how comfortale you are with "opening" your LAN to the world. My router has been configured for Torrents now for 2.5 years, and I've never had a problem with it. :)Adam

I don't do torrents because I don't know how to configure my router. The whole port forwarding, DMZ, opening ports is a black art to me. I have one person I trust and I wanted to try Qnext. He walked me through the port forwarding thing and I was able to share files with him. For some reason, he had to put his computer in the DMZ to allow me to see his computer. I didn't need to do that for him to see my computer. We both sit behind routers.I don't want to have people downloading from me so it isn't fair that I expect them to share files with me yet I'm not willing to share. I've managed to get the linux ISOs I wanted by http or ftp. If I really want it and can't find it other than a torrent, I would purchase it.I also don't have any IM clients installed nor any toolbars. I'm very particular about what I allow on the computer.

Edited by zlim

If your TV show is the least bit popular, there is likely a Usenet group devoted to it.Usenet binary downloads are not as simple as FTP or BitTorrent, but the amount and variety of material available for downloading on Usenet is simply astounding, making the learning curve worthwhile. There is free software available for the searching, downloading and processing of the binary files. The groups seem to be self regulating, with the rare bogus or infected file being "called out" by the regular users.Sites like mininova won't always have what you want, Usenet will. Almost always with very high quality video, and downloads as fast as your internet connection will allow.By the way, things like the Linux ISO's are there too, and again, download speeds are unmatched.You need a good newsgroup account from your ISP (forget Comcast, they don't want their customers doing anything that might actually use the fat pipeline they claim to be renting to you)If you become serious about Usenet, and your ISP doesn't offer a good free newsgroups account, (Verizon's is great), you can buy good accounts based on usage from several sources.