Flexi Slideshow from Dynamic Drive

daveydoom

Hi.I've been trying to use Flexi Slideshow to create a small slideshow on a website. Works pretty good in IE, but when you view the page in Opera or FireFox it's a little messed up. In both of those browsers the images are offset to the right (instead of centered) and in FireFox the words I have below the slideshow are overlapping the pictures. Is there something fundamental that I'm missing :D or is this the nature of the beast? Is there a better way to do this?Thanks, Dave

It means you probably need to correct the underlying html code to correct some things. What I would use due to my experiences is something like jalbum; this one shows no problems like you encountered. A few weeks ago I made a slideshow incl. exif information and some shorts comments below the pictures for a company. It showed the exact same behaviour in IE, Firefox and Opera, in Windows as in linux.http://jalbum.net/Best of all it's free.

Thanks striker. I'll try JAlbum B) . I figured it had something to do with the HTML but it's fairly simple code, not much to it. Anyways, I can't seem to find out what's wrong so I'll see if JAlbum can help.Thanks again, Dave

Well JAlbum is nice but I only want/need a slideshow so I'm not sure JAlbum is what I need. There must be a way to clean up my HTML code to make the Javascript work properly B) . Anything common I should look for?

Well, I corrected the overlapping words by simply adding in more spaces (<br>) after the slideshow. However, now when I view it in Opera or IE the words below are pushed further down the page (I figured that would happen).I can't see how my HTML is affecting the Javascript code itself and forcing the images to be displayed offset (to the right) but hopefully someone can enlighten me.