Harry Potter

SonicDragon

SonicDragon

The new Harry Potter was released last night. Anyone have it? I wonder if there are any left at the local book store.... that is, if Winona didn't get there first :) (j/k)

The new Harry Potter was released last night.
Gee, why haven't I heard about this before? What was he incarcerated for? :) OK, sorry...bad joke. None of our local bookstores have any left...and the initial print run was over 8 million! At least kids are still reading books. Good for J.K.R.

Adult oriented side note:NPR reported last night that the "Harry Potter Vibrating Broomstick" was being removed from stores due to certain people finding an alternate, x-rated use for it! :) Gotta love human ingenuity.

Anyone have it? (j/k)
YES!! We ordered it from Amazon.com a couple of months ago and it arrived this morning at 9:00. Since my wife is the faster reader we agreed that she could have it first. She says, "It starts off with a bang right from the beginnning".

I'll pick my copy up at the store after all the frenzy calms down a bit - kinda excited for it too, I have enjoyed them all so far and I hardly ever read books.

SonicDragon
YES!! We ordered it from Amazon.com a couple of months ago and it arrived this morning at 9:00. Since my wife is the faster reader we agreed that she could have it first. She says, "It starts off with a bang right from the beginnning".
Yes, one of my friends did that to. I was surprized that he got it that day! What service!
and the initial print run was over 8 million!
I believe that sets a world record :rolleyes:

My wonderful girlfriend already finished the book... she said she had to have it done over the weekend or else she'd never get any work done. ;)

I believe that sets a world record
So I've heard. J.K.R. also set another record...over $5 million earned from just the first day sales. The "supporter of good writers" in me is very pleased for her, while the "writer with no hopes of ever being even one-one hundreth as successful" in me is intensely jealous. ;)

Guest LilBambi

Ryan --LOL! That's funny about your girlfriend saying that ... believe me ... Been there, done that myself!Jeber --Ditto! B)

I was afraid to look in this thread before now for fear of learning something before reading it myself. Don't know why I am feeling so brave tonight. Must be something in my tea. I don't have the book yet. I ordered it but was too cheap to pay shipping. It is scheduled to be on my doorstep Friday. Do you think you will see me on the forum this weekend? Probably by Sunday. :blink:If it has just 100 kids reading more then that is cause to celebrate. B)