Web section of forum?

SonicDragon

SonicDragon

Maybe there should be a web section of the forum. Like a forum for posting web programing questions or hosting questions, ect?Just a suggestion.O, BTW, idk if you can do this on the forum scot, but is there any way for u to make a spell check option available for us awful spellers? : :blink:

Spell check is something I've been wondering about too. It's on the long list of lots of things I'm working on. It's not in the basic IPB package. It might not exist at all yet. The software is fairly young still.I've actually thought about a web dev/hosting forum before. I'd like to do that. What I need to see though is that there are enough posts or interest before I roll something like that out. So far I haven't seen it, but I've also been away from the board for 24 hours. So if you want to point anything out to me, please do!-- Scot

Maybe there should be a web section of the forum. Like a forum for posting web programing questions or hosting questions, ect?Just a suggestion.O, BTW, idk if you can do this on the forum scot, but is there any way for u to make a spell check option available for us awful spellers?  : :blink:
Hey Sonic, There is a cool little free program called IEspell. You can get it here: http://www.iespell.com/You can also get it here if the iespell website is down due to bandwidth limits being reached, which happens frequently: http://www.webattack.com/get/iespell.shtmlOr you can get it at tucows and many other places that offer freeware.Basically it is a browser extension that spell checks everything that you type into a forum or forms on any website. It will install a button on the IE toolbar. If it does not install the button, just right click on the toolbar and click customize and scroll through the "Available toolbar buttons" and you will see a IESpell button. If you do not like the button you can also activate it by clicking tools. There is an IESpell option there as well. All you do is type your message like the one I am typing now, and click IESpell and it will automatically spell check it. You can also highlight an individual word or groups of words and it will only spell check that. It works and looks very similar to the spell check in Word.Nice little tool, check it out. Especially if you spend a lot of time in forums.

Just adding my thumbs up for ieSpell. Normally, I'm a very good speller but not so good a typist, so ieSpell is a big help there. Too bad it isn't available for other browsers ... but then they'd have to change the name ... :D

HTML and web page stuff is a great idea, but it seems to never really draw a crowd. I would be suprised if a html section would be popular, a lot of forums have it and it just isn't popular.

muckshifter

There are a couple of forums I frequent that have spell checkers … I don’t use them as they insist on using US English.I write everything in MSWord then Cut-n-Paste. :D

There is a cool little free program called IEspell. You can get it here: http://www.iespell.com/
The iespell is a good free program. I've used it for quite some time now. Eye em a vary pour speller and thes liddle progrem doz werk grate ef you dont ferget too uze et. Butt you jest godda rember two rite clik sow et kan be used propperly. I hope I :D remmber too due it hear. :D :( :( :( Frank

Guest Paracelsus

Thanks, likewise, for the heads-up on iespell. Wasn't aware of this app. Just installed it. Kind of a shame it doesn't include Grammar Checking. That can be just as important. Personally, I have a great vocabulary and know the meaning of words... but can't spell my way out of a paper bag!I couldn't resist posting a little reminder not to rely too heavily on spell checkers :D :D ..."The Spelling Chequer Poem"