Scrolling to read

Sky

OK, a newbie to laugh at here.Is it possible to change a setting (somewhere) to makeall the text in posts appear in a window that will allowme to read the post without having to scroll left andright? Laugh now ... then tell me how .Sky

Sky, What resolution are you running? Also what browser are you running? The board should adjust horizontally based on your resolution so you don't have to scroll horizontally. Weird that it doesn't... Anyway... If someone posts a long (one word) string, something long without spaces, or big pictures, it will make you scroll, but we try to watch out for that as much as possible...Does it do it in all forums? All threads, or just certain ones?Will be happy to help with more info! :DP.S. Welcome to the board! My ex-roommate's name is Sky... very cool name! :rolleyes:

Just a quick FYI; this happens to me periodically, and I have never been able to associate any particular cause with it. When it does happen, it will carry through until I sign out.IE6.

muckshifter

Monitor size, screen resolution, 640x480 just won’t hack it anymore, contents of post (a BIG picture, or code) Browser font size, this can be adjusted, interference from aliens or blindness. (I’m going blind and need BIG font size).Just some of the things that may impair your enjoyment at SNL :(

Some things are set to wrap so you don't have to scroll to the size. I believe the problem frequently is 1. when someone posts a picture that is wider than your screen width, or 2. they post a link that is wider than your screen width. The only place I usually have this problem other than the two reasons above is when sending a PM. It is as if the PM screen width is set to a specific size and with my fading vision I have pushed my Control + so many times in Firebird that I have things in kindergarten size - you know the big letters. :( It does give us an excuse to play with different browsers. Some browsers cause problems more than others. Drop over to the firebird forum and take a look at that one.Sky - cool web site. I always told my brother only crazy people jump out of planes - it makes much more sense just to learn how to fly the darn thing. :(

Guest LilBambi

Sky,Believe me ... I know what you are talking about. I have to run at 800x600 and it has been a problem at times.Those with 800x600 and 640x480 display requirements are the ones that have a problem with this horizontal scrolling. Although it is somewhat less of a problem with 800x600.If there is a particular Topic where this is a problem, please let us know so we can check it out.Ryan is right, we try to contact those with pictures that are wider than allowed in the forum rules so they can correct the width. And edit posts with 'no space' problems to help with this. And please, do let us know what screen resolution you are using so we can better assist.It has really gotten much better since Scot put the Forum Rules up (which are available in red at the top of each Forum. I am sure it will continue to get better. ;)NOTE: And Scot is right too ... older versions of Netscape and the Forum don't play well together!

Edited by LilBambi

Thanks to all that told me off ... lol.Nail on the head is the browser, I should have knownyou couldn't see what I was using, this isn't a news group.Anyhoo, I am using NS 4.7, the 6.0^ did things I didn't care for, but what can I expect from an Aohell (oops) controlledbrowser. So I reverted back to the horse and wagon. I have Mead & Company Mozilla BUILD 1.2.1 that I use for a news reader, works well for me. I will have a look see at Firebird, I keep seeing it over and over in NL's, lazy .. thx!I changed the screen size so I needed a magnifying glass to see the words, didn't help, back to 800X600. As you can guess the (my) prob wasn't confined to one area.Not to crazy about IE either, (takes hammer and whacks elbow) ahh, I feel better now.If you viewed my web page, 8X6 is what it's formatted to.It may be better to fly the plane, but jumping out of it is more fun and you don't have to land in it.Love Scot's NL, I look for it in my inbox along with FredLanga and Mikes list Nl'sFor now I will live with the scrolling, I wished FixNews would do horizontal scrolling as well as it does vertical:rolleyes: Thx again, think I will like this forum.Sky