Slow Down

zlim

I came late to this board and have been spending days reading, reading, reading. Last night I finally felt like I was getting a handle on the board and yikes I come here today and quite a few new sections! Don't get me wrong, I love the board, the posters and especially all the great help and information here. Can any one throw me a link to a speed reading course, LOL.

All I have to say is good luck! :rolleyes: Don't worry about trying to catch up 100%, just jump in and make a big splash! :D If you've got something to say, don't worry about it being already said. We may direct you back to other threads, but don't worry. :) Just find you a home in any/all of the forums and enjoy! :D

You just happened to catch the board literally minutes after we split Windows and Applications into two separate forums:Windows and MicrosoftApplication SoftwareThis board's policy is to let the discussion lead the organization. And the discussion in the Windows and Applications forum was losing focus with lots of disparate topics. We've actually planned for a while to break off a "software" forum, and there was even a note posted about that in the Windows and Applications forum.Believe me, though, I can sympathize. As GolfProRM said, it's not really possible to keep up with the whole forum any more. It was nice when we could, but it's reaching the point where you have to pick and choose. And that's OK. Like he said, just pick what interests you and dive in!-- Scot

Down at the bottom of the main page is a choice; "Todays Active Topics". I often start there, as it helps me track the progression of this thing called "Scot's Newsletter Forum".

Guest genaldar

Personally I just click on view new posts and go through page by page. I open up all the topics that interest me in different windows then while I'm loading the next page of results I read the open pages.

I open up all the topics that interest me in different windows
So do I Genaldar! I place a 250gr weight on my shift-button to easy navigate through the forums-maze (the "hard"ware solution I presume :( )

SonicDragon
You just happened to catch the board literally minutes after we split Windows and Applications into two separate forums:Windows and MicrosoftApplication Software
I thinks that's a good move!Thanks Scot (and others) for all your work!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LilBambi
Down at the bottom of the main page is a choice; "Todays Active Topics". I often start there, as it helps me track the progression of this thing called "Scot's Newsletter Forum".
Me too ... The Active Topics is a great place to get a handle on the day's postings in all Forums. :D

jbredmound
I open up all the topics that interest me in different windows
So do I Genaldar! I place a 250gr weight on my shift-button to easy navigate through the forums-maze (the "hard"ware solution I presume B) )
How Klingon of you, Snoepie!She's "Worfing" the Forum!!!