Favorite Software Games

Prelude76

For the online game, I recommend Dark Age of Camelot. It's a good fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game (spoken as more-pig :ph34r: )). I do NOT recommend Star Wars: Galaxies. SWG is still very unbalanced and buggy. SWG was released a great deal too early. [/2¢]

For the online game, I recommend Dark Age of Camelot.  It's a good fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game (spoken as more-pig :ph34r: )).  I do NOT recommend Star Wars: Galaxies.  SWG is still very unbalanced and buggy.  SWG was released a great deal too early.  [/2¢]
how is Anarchy Online doing? that's the only More-Pig i was really tempted to get into. I have yet to play anything online, even FPS games. :( recent great games i love: -HALO!!!!!!-GTA Vice Cityoh, and Jetfighter V just came out. gotta get it. Jetfighter series are my favorite jet combat sims.

speaking of more-pigs, Final Fantasy XI just came out today... I just can't decide if it's worth $13/month... Not sure I can justify this when I've got plenty of games that don't cost me any more money to play :ph34r:

Guest LilBambi
can't believe i missed this thread!doom, doom ii - holding my breath for doom iii  :( half life - likewise holding my breath for half life ii  :( descent & iiduke nukem 3d quake, quake iiswtc  B) diablomystwolfenstienred faction (gotta love a game that walls can be blown up)need for speedfalconunreal tournament and its hundreds of user made maps...
Ah, many of my favorites as well! :ph34r:

For the online game, I recommend Dark Age of Camelot.  It's a good fantasy MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game (spoken as more-pig :D )).  I do NOT recommend Star Wars: Galaxies.  SWG is still very unbalanced and buggy.  SWG was released a great deal too early.  [/2¢]
how is Anarchy Online doing? that's the only More-Pig i was really tempted to get into. I have yet to play anything online, even FPS games. :) recent great games i love: -HALO!!!!!!-GTA Vice Cityoh, and Jetfighter V just came out. gotta get it. Jetfighter series are my favorite jet combat sims.
Anarchy Online was ok when I played it a few years ago. They've released at least one expansion since then. It didn't seem to be a very dynamic game, though. You could do an infinite number of 'missions' as they were randomly generated each time. I prefer quests that actually have a storyline.

speaking of more-pigs, Final Fantasy XI just came out today...  I just can't decide if it's worth $13/month...  Not sure I can justify this when I've got plenty of games that don't cost me any more money to play :(
FFXI does cost $13/month. Assuming you have only one character. If you want more characters, you pay $1 extra/month/character. That's a terribly weasely way to do business IMHO. Dark Age of Camelot allows 8 characters per server for the same rate. SWG allows 1 so far (until you are able to unlock your force sensitive character (which no one has been able to do yet (read: they really haven't put force abilities in yet, but they say they have))) per server. Anarchy Online allowed more than one per server, I just don't remember how many :( I've tried most of the mainstream MMORPGs out there. Even beta tested a few :D Haven't tried FFXI as it just came out and I can't afford it at the moment (being unemployed :) )

what about Everquest? i heard that one has a huge following in the MMORPG crowd.speaking of games, does anyone know any guides on the internet how to multiplay against friends (i guess private net games) for such games as battlefield 1942, medal of honor, halo, and wolfenstein. i don't see much appeal in playing against strangers on the net thru gamespy, but i'd like to get 4 or 5 friends in on a slugfest one of these days.

what about Everquest?  i heard that one has a huge following in the MMORPG crowd.speaking of games, does anyone know any guides on the internet how to multiplay against friends (i guess private net games) for such games as battlefield 1942, medal of honor, halo, and wolfenstein.  i don't see much appeal in playing against strangers on the net thru gamespy, but i'd like to get 4 or 5 friends in on a slugfest one of these days.
I play MOHAA all the time with a small group of friends. It is much more fun than with strangers. My friend sets up a game server and we all log in to the IP he supplies us and off we go. It is not that hard to set up. If you want more details let me know.

i don't see much appeal in playing against strangers on the net thru gamespy, but i'd like to get 4 or 5 friends in on a slugfest one of these days.
Hmmm..... I won't play against friends, don't need that kind of competition. I'll only play on-line against stangers (no games against the computer either). Using Ventrillo for voice it's great to play with friends against strangers. I find it cool to be able to play against people from all over the world. The great thing about BF1942 is that it more than just reflexes. And for an on-line game browser ASE is the way to go.

The great thing about BF1942 is that it more than just reflexes.
since we got a BF1942 fan, quick question. how come when i pick a sniper, and go on a boat to land on a beach head, i can't for the life of me jump out of the boat. every other profession works, but snipers can't jump out of boat. are they physically challenged at jumping? >_<

but snipers can't jump out of boat. are they physically challenged at jumping?
Can't answer that as I never choose Sniper/scout class. They are not held in great regard and rarely contibute to a Team win. A team with a lot of snipers will usually lose. There's nothing worse than losing your last flag and the only teamates left alive are snipers hiding out waiting for some cheap kill, not even trying to capture a flag.

i've had good success with sniper class, but what i usually do is storm a base with a tank, blowing up everyone, then jump out and lob all my grenades at anyone that's left, and then pick a spot close to the flag and hide out, sniping off anyone who approaches the flag. B) gus, look what you did, i'm have BF1942 withdrawal urges now! thanks a lot! :) *prelude starts twitching and shaking*

speaking of classic Adventure games, Nov 11th, the new game from Myst comes out, called "Uru".

From the creators of Myst and Riven, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst is the next chapter of the Myst franchise and the most immersive and ambitious Myst experience ever created. The single-player game will be bigger, better, and more innovative than any of the previous Myst adventures. Players can move at their own pace, spending hours discovering visually stunning, real-time 3D worlds, solving a large variety of mind-challenging puzzles, and following an epic storyline. Players can continue to discover new areas of D'ni by connecting to Uru Live, the online service of Uru. There, players will be part of an ever-expanding world that brings more areas to explore and more mysteries to solve.Features:# Experience a new freedom of movement, a first for the Myst franchise: Explore each unique age in real-time 3D, moving your character effortlessly through the world without pointing and clicking.# Create a realistic character: Choosing from a wide variety of facial and clothing features, you will be able to create a male or female avatar that you will use to explore the world. The range of character options allows you to appear the way you look, or the way you want to look.# Explore the mysterious and graphically intense world of Uru: Whether it's the single-player adventure or sharing the experience online with other players, Uru's work-of-art style graphics will immerse and captivate you like never before.# Follow an epic storyline: At the request of Yeesha, the eccentric daughter of Atrus, you'll journey through a variety of different ages, and discover the lost civilization of the D'ni people. As the story unfolds, you'll be drawn deeper into the D'ni civilization, and if you choose to continue online, the journey expands even further.# The adventure continues online: With Uru Live, the online service of Uru, you can explore new ages and areas of the D'ni civilization, unravel new mysteries, participate in the ongoing story, and adventure in a world that continually changes and expands. Exciting new content will be downloaded regularly, providing an adventure experience that is fresh and ever-changing.System Requirements:# Supported OS: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only).# Processor: Intel Pentium III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon# Video Card: 3D graphics video card w/ 32 MB, hardware transformation, and lighting (3D graphics video card w/ 64 MB, pixel and vertex-shader capability).# Sound Card: DirectX 8.1-compatible sound card# CD-ROM Drive: 4X CD-ROM drive or faster