MIB object determine bridge

zillah

While I was reading through "TCP/IP protocol suite", (Right now I do have the book handy) I found this :"We can use one of the standard MIB objects to determine which of the station in a LAN is functioning as a bridge to the external network"and in other place he has mentioned:"Object type can be used to identify the address of the neighboring gateway from the local gateway address" How can I use one of the standard MIB objects ? Which object type can be used to do that ?

Edited by zillah

Marsden11

Which MIB objects do you want? SONET/SDH MIB ObjectsSONET/SDH Medium TableSONET /SDH Section Current TableSONET/SDH Section Interval TableSONET/SDH Line Current TableSONET/SDH Line Interval TableSONET/SDH Far End Line Current TableSONET/SDH Path Current TableSONET/SDH Path Interval TableSONET/SDH Far End Path Current TableSONET/SDH Far End Path Interval TableSONET Conformance and Compliance InformationSONET Compliance StatementsSONET Units of ConformanceDS3 MIB ObjectsDS3 Near End GroupDS3 Configuration TableDS3 Current TableDS3 Interval TableDS3 TotalDS3 Far End GroupDS3 Far End Configuration TableDS3 Far End Current TableDS3 Far End Interval TableDS3 Far End Total Tableds3 TrapsDS3 Conformance InformationDS3 Units of ConformanceInternet Assigned Numbers Authority Interface Textual ConventionInterfaces Group MIB ObjectsTextual ConventionsInterface IndexInterfaces TableExtension to the Interface TableHigh Capacity CountersGeneric Receive Address TableInterface-Related TrapsInterfaces Group Conformance InformationRS-232 MIB ObjectsRS-232 NumberRS-232 General Port TableRS-232 Asynchronous Port TableRS-232 Conformance and Compliance StatementsRS-232 Compliance StatementsRS-232 Units of ConformanceInverse Multiplexing for ATM MIB Objects Inverse Multiplexing for ATM Textual ConventionsInverse Multiplexing Group SubtreeIMA Link SubtreeInverse Multiplexing for ATM Conformance and Compliance InformationInverse Multiplexing for ATM Compliance StatementsInverse Multiplexing for ATM Units of ConformanceDS1 MIB ObjectsDS1 Near End GroupDS1 Configuration TableDS1 Current TableDS1 Interval TableDS1 Total TableDS1 Channel TableDS1 Far End GroupDS1 Far End Current TableDS1 Far End Interval TableDS1 Far End Total Tableds1 TrapsDS1 Conformance InformationDS1 ComplianceDS1 Units of Conformance