56K modem sharing

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi
Actiontec Allows 56K Connection SharingFor those who do not have broadband or an existing server to share a 56K connection, and would prefer not to use Windows ICS, this might be an inexpensive solution at under $70.
The new Dual PC Modem is an external modem that allows two PCs connected via Ethernet to share the same 56-Kbit download speeds used by the modem, while allowing both to use various other peripherals like printers. However, adding additional PCs requires either a hub or a wireless access point to be connected.
Edited by LilBambi

Hmmmm. Such a product will allow my laptop to regain its mobility while surfing. I also envision it as a backup to DSL failure as well......Too bad the article lacks model numbers/product review and the vendor's web site has no mention such a product...

Guest LilBambi

The article says it's not available except for pre-order, but I didn't see it either.Probably have to wait for Actiontec to update the site. :rolleyes: