Dual Boot with Windows

bjf123

Looks like Apple is going to simplify the process of dual booting with XP with a product called boot camp when they release the next version of OS X, called Leopard. Apple still manages to get a couple of digs in against Microsoft. Word to the Wise: Windows running on a Mac is like Windows running on a PC. That means it’ll be subject to the same attacks that plague the Windows world. So be sure to keep it updated with the latest Microsoft Windows security fixes.EFI and BIOS:Macs use an ultra-modern industry standard technology called EFI to handle booting. Sadly, Windows XP, and even the upcoming Vista, are stuck in the 1980s with old-fashioned BIOS. But with Boot Camp, the Mac can operate smoothly in both centuries.This just might make me buy a new Mac to replace my 3+ year old iMac. If I do that, I don't know what I'll do with my existing XP system.

Edited by bjf123

I am quite interested in what their new 13.3 inch wide screen iBook notebooks will be like. ASUS has won the contract to manufacture them. Don't know if this is also true, but apparently ASUS currently manufactures the existing PPC iBooks, too. From first hand knowledge with using a ASUS A6Ne notebook, then I think the new iBook will be a quality piece of hardware. This is one of their current flagship ultraportables, the 12" W5A.