What is that... a new site?

Arena2045

Interesting site. Did you create these using Bryce? I used to create all kinds of stuff using Bryce back when I was using a Mac in school these pictures look similar.

Hey Everyone!Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I've been extremely busy...----inform,I haven't had a chance to use Bryce yet, I keep meaning to but rarely have time for something new. It is however on a list of to-do stuff, :lol:The program that I used to create them is Terragen.----LilBambi, jbredmound, imranj,Thanks for your kind words! I hope everyone enjoys them, and there are more to come...----jbredmound, If you are asking if they are free…Then yes, the wallpapers are free to download and use on your desktop. I just ask that users to not remove/cover the URL/Text Logo of TerrainEscapes.net.For those who don't know it, TerrainEscapes.net is one of my sites, that is why some of the images from that site are on WallpaperLabs.net.The purpose of WallpaperLabs.net is the following:WallpaperLabs.net is the premier location of the TerrainEscapes desktop wallpaper downloads.Check out all of my sites by visiting the hub of the Arena2045 Domain Network.----imranj,:) Sorry, but I think you are going to have a harder time deciding when I update the site again. :lol:I hope you enjoy them!

If anyone has a screen resolution that isn’t listed, let me know what it is… I may be able to make it available.And for those who are using Macs and PC’s with wide aspect screens: I’m working on widescreen versions of my favorite images. Not all of them will be available in the larger formats, but a number of them will – in the future.

Reviving my old thread. :lol:I just wanted to thank everyone who took time to visit my latest site and provide feedback here... I really appreciate it.And... I would like to note that I've updated the site:Reviewing the (BETA) download count, the most downloaded wallpaper was the first sunset/sunrise wallpaper offering... To celebrate the site running full steam ahead, I've added 6 new wallpapers two of which are sunsets/sunrises. I hope you enjoy!WallpaperLabs.net

LilBambi, SonicDragon,I’m glad that you are enjoying them!!!I’ve been keeping an eye on the (download) stats… very interesting. By looking at the stats it helps in finding overall preferences of images, and what size screen resolution is most commonly used; thus I can create more images that people might enjoy.This update was the first official update since the site was released with the original 3 wallpaper offerings, and this update was also the first to incorporate new, never-before-seen custom renders, made especially for WallpaperLabs.net.The popularity of some images has gotten me in a rendering frenzy… In fact, I have about 20 new renders in the pipeline just for WallpaperLabs!!! I can’t wait to share these upcoming beautiful images with everyone… and who knows I may just post another 3 – 6 images today!Until next time.Psst... Avatar image… Coming soon. (But you didn’t hear that from me. :rolleyes: )

SonicDragon
The popularity of some images has gotten me in a rendering frenzy… In fact, I have about 20 new renders in the pipeline just for WallpaperLabs!!! I can’t wait to share these upcoming beautiful images with everyone… and who knows I may just post another 3 – 6 images today!Until next time.Psst... Avatar image… Coming soon. (But you didn’t hear that from me. )
I'll be watching!

WOW! The second official update since WallpaperLabs.net left the BETA testing stage has produced some MAJOR changes...My original plan was to have about 9 images online at one time, making the site easier to manage because all of the images would be able to fit on the main page.However, the popularity of some images has gotten me in a rendering frenzy! Spending well over 15 hours these last two days; I've created a bunch of NEW, never-before-seen custom renders, made especially for WallpaperLabs.net.The site is now split up into 3 categories: Landscapes, Sunscapes, Cloudscapes; each offering visitors a number of different wallpaper downloads. -- ENJOY!!!WallpaperLabs.netNext update : Scheduled July 7th, 2003

SonicDragon

I don't know if you know this or not Arena, but the text on your website is sort of messed up in Mozilla 1.3.1 (the current version i think)I posted the picture HERE============================================================Seems like the link is giving me a 403 error. ;) If this happens to you copy and paste http://sonicdragon.fateback.com/wallpaperpic.gifHit go or enter a few times... seems to work to me ;)

Edited by SonicDragon

I don't know if you know this or not Arena, but the text on your website is sort of messed up in Mozilla 1.3.1 (the current version i think)I posted the picture HERE============================================================Seems like the link is giving me a 403 error. ;) If this happens to you copy and paste http://sonicdragon.fateback.com/wallpaperpic.gifHit go or enter a few times... seems to work to me ;)
Sonic, create an html file on your server with a link to the picture (or just put the picture on the page)... Seems that your server requires a local referrer (don't want you linking directly to the pic)...EDIT - I'm curious to see your rendering issues as it looks beautiful from Firebird...

SonicDragon,Hmm... I will confess I don't have Mozilla on my computer, so I didn't check to see if the page rendered correctly. I did check using Firebird and all seems well...as Ryan has pointed out.I made some minor modifications to the tables on the index page. And I just downloaded the latest RC of Mozilla (not 1.3.1).I would appreciate it if you could post back, if the changes I made fix the situation with your browser. And out of curiosity what screen resolution are you running?Thanks for the heads up on the strange formatting.

Ok...I just installed Mozilla and saw the problem. But then it fixed its self. So I'm wondering if renders everything then goes back and wraps the text. Try to refresh...I will say that both Mozilla and Firebird are not rendering the tables around the images correctly... There is supposed to be space under the preview and the download links.One more reason why I hate having so many different browsers out there... Webmasters just can't seem to make it work for all of them.

Arena,You might check out http://www.w3.org/ they set "standardized" rules that should work with all browsers (Mozilla uses this as its standard base for coding)... they have site checkers that will tell you if your site's code is compliant (should give you the best results with the most browsers). Don't know if this will help or not, but it's something to look at. ;)

Guest LilBambi

Thanks!More great pics ... picked up a couple more LOL!NOTE: One thing to keep in mind is that Mozilla will eventually be moving to the Firebird code....we just don't know when! LOL! Very frustrating to web developers especially since some of the w3 code doesn't render as anticipated in IE!

Very frustrating to web developers especially since some of the w3 code doesn't render as anticipated in IE!
Yeah... but that's due to poor coding in IE, not the w3... My thought is that if it's w3 compliant, it's good... If more people realized this, maybe it would force MS to rework IE so that it's standards compliant. I'm not trying to force people off IE, I just think the world needs to try to get MS to improve their browser (instead of using bad coding to make it look good in IE).

Guest LilBambi

You are preaching to the choir here Ryan! LOL!However, reality speaks louder than concept ... the users of IE, no matter how much we would like it to be different, are a combined 95% of all users to access pages as of June 21, 2003.From these stats, you can see why it seems overwhelming to site designers to create pages for others browsers when these browsers total only 5% of all pages accessed combined.

Browser Trends This discusses trends in the major browsers, listed in order of popularity:Internet Explorer 6.x: ~61% of page accesses, up from 37% a year ago. It will likely continue to climb as users upgrade from older browsers. Internet Explorer 5.x: ~34% of page accesses, down from 53% a year ago. Usage peaked at 82% in Aug 2001, then tumbled with the advent of IE6. It will likely continue to plunge as users move to IE6, especially since Microsoft dropped IE5.5 in Mar 2003. AOL: ~5-6% of page accesses. These accesses are also included in the percentages for Internet Explorer, since AOL's primary browser uses Internet Explorer. This percentage should remain about the same in the near term. Gecko-based Browsers (Mozilla, Netscape 6+, etc.): ~2.3% of page accesses. [b3] This has been growing slowly but steadily. Netscape 4.x: ~1.2% of page accesses, down from 3% a year ago. This percentage should continue to shrink steadily as users switch to IE6 and the Gecko-based browsers. Opera: ~1.2% of page accesses. [b1] Internet Explorer 4.x: ~1.1% of page accesses, down from 3% a year ago. [b2] This percentage should continue to shrink steadily as users upgrade. MSN-TV (WebTV): no page accesses are reported for MSN-TV users, but this is likely due to poor browser-detection code: sloppy code can identify most MSN-TV browsers as IE4. Indirect evidence suggests that ~0.8% of page accesses might be MSN-TV users. Note: since MSN-TV is available only in certain regions, the percentage will be much higher for sites attracting visitors from these regions. Older Browsers: very few use older versions of Internet Explorer, Opera, or Netscape; web designers can generally disregard them.
http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/stat_trends.htmGranted some of the IE stats may be other browsers set to broadcast that they are IE, but the percentage would be speculative. If folks that are broadcasting the wrong browser in order to have pages delivered to them properly on certain sites (Microsoft's sites and a few others come to mind) and really wish to help these browser stats, they should probably consider broadcasting their browser accurately, at least when they don't have to go to the sites that they need to trick.