HighlyRecommended

bob3160

i00.pngUsing iResize's easy to understand interface you can also save the resulting images into different image formats (jpg, bmp, tiff, png, and gif). For those who have a wide screen monitor (or a laptop that is equipped with one) and want to convert their 4:3 wallpapers into the 16:9 image resolution, this is easily done by simply checking on the "Wide" option and choosing the target resolution (1280 x 800, for instance).i02.png i01.pngThe donation request when resizing multible images is the only reminder that this is Freebut help for further developement is requested. : :o i03.png i04.pngExtreamly easy to use. Enjoy :'( Edited by bob3160

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bob3160

• RandomBox

• b2cm

• Marsden11

core01.png Core FTP LE - free Windows software that includes the client FTP features you need. Features like SFTP (SSH), SSL, TLS, IDN, browser integration, site to site transfers, FTP transfer resume, drag and drop support, file viewing & editing, firewall support, custom commands, FTP URL parsing, command line transfers, filters, and much, much more!Screen Shots:http://www.coreftp.com/screens/index.htmlDownload from the following website:http://www.coreftp.com/download.html

WinPad.pngWinPad is FREEWARE! WinPad comes with more than basic text formatting features like: Centre, Right, Left align text Underline, Strikethrough text Set text as subscript, superscript Change text colour Change text to lower or uppercase Insert images in the document WinPad doesn't have the 64k limit of Windows Notepad Ability to email the file Few features which will be useful for programmers.Screen shots and download link available at:http://www.sgssoft.com/winpad/winpad.asp#downloadEnjoy :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
FreePOPS.pngIs an easily extensible program, which allows access to the most varied resources through the POP3 protocol. Mainly, it can be used to download mail from the most famous webmails, but it could also be used as an aggregator for RSS feeds and much more. This way it is possible to get all your messages in your favorite email client. Website:http://www.freepops.org/en/ Available for the following Operating Systems:OpSys.png Downloads:http://www.freepops.org/en/download.shtml Enjoy:)

• 2 weeks later...
ECC.pngExpired Cookies Cleaner is a freeware program for removing expired cookies from you personal computer (PC). Full details and the file download are available here.Enjoy :)If the Show Desktop SD.png icon is deleted from Quick Launch, the procedure below will recreate the file.Open Notepad NP.png and enter the following text: [shell]Command=2IconFile=explorer.exe,3[Taskbar]Command=ToggleDesktopSave the new file as Show Desktop.scf then drag and drop the icon on the Quick Launch bar or whatever location you want the shortcut to appear.Or, this will also work:run.pngClick Start, Run and type the following command:regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32Use copy and paste where ever possible. It's more accurate.You could also use the keyboard shortcut:windows key + m This will show the desktop. And to restore its: shift + windows key + mYou can also use: Windows key + DWhich acts like a toggle (Show and/or Hide)Enjoy :icon8:

• 2 weeks later...

Software Designed with Kidz in Mind:Thanks to Lesieur Logistics, Llc our Kids of all ages, can now be SAFE on the net and it's all FREE.Kidz01.png Kidz02.png Kidz03.pngKidz04.pngKidz05.pngKidz06.pngClick on the image to get to the appropriate link.To end the application, you need the following key combination: CTRL + LThese applications get some high marks by some trusted friends:Kidz07.pngI've also made this available at MySharedFiles in the Kidz KornerEnjoy :) ( I know my Grandkids will. )

• 3 weeks later...
ShellFTP is a small FTP uploader that integrates into the Windows Explorer and allows you to upload selected files to an FTP server via the right-click menu. It supports multiple server configurations and passive mode. A unique feature is the ability to automatically create thumbnail images (if you are uploading images) and an option to generate BB or HTML tags that link to the uploaded files, so you can simply copy and paste them into your message board post or HTML code.This is how I set it up on my system:ShellFTP00.png ShellFTP01.pngShellFTP02.pngShellFTP03.pngDirect download availabe at:http://www.shellftp.de/files/ShellFTP_0.6.exeI've also made ShellFTP_0.6.exe available at MySharedFilesEnjoy B)

• 2 weeks later...
MediaCoder.pngMediaCoder is an open source universal audio/video batch transcoder (converter),which puts together lots of excellent audio/video codecs and tools from the open source communityinto an all-in-one solution, capable of transcoding among different audio/video formats with many extra features.Supported Audio/Video/Container Fomats:=======================================MP3, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AAC+, AAC+V2, MusePack, WMA, RealAudio FLAC, WavPack, Monkey's Audio, OptimFrog, AAC Lossless, WMA Lossless, WAV H.264, Xvid, DivX, MPEG 1/2/4, H.263, Flash Video, 3ivx*, RealVideo*, Windows Media Video* AVI, MPEG/VOB, Matroska, MP4, RealMedia*, ASF/WMV*, Quicktime*, OGM* CD, VCD, DVD, CUE SheetFull details, screen shots and, download links available at:http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/Direct download also available from MySharedFiles at:http://mysharedfiles.no-ip.org/MediaCoder-0.5.0-r2.exe

• 3 weeks later...
TextMaker.pngOpen, view and print common word processing formats for free.Similar to the way Adobe Acrobat Reader works for PDFs, TextMaker Viewer lets you open, view and print documents from Microsoft Word, Pocket Word, OpenOffice.org, OpenDocument and TextMaker, even if you don't have those programs installed on your system. The latest version can also be installed onto a USB flash memory drive. Website Direct DownloadSupported file formats: .doc Microsoft Word 6.0 up to Word 2003 .dot Microsoft Word templates 6.0 up to 2003 .tmd TextMaker 6.0 up to 2006 .odt OpenDocument Text .sxw OpenOffice.org Text .rtf Rich Text Format .psw Pocket Word (Pocket PC) .pwd Pocket Word (Handheld PC) .htm/html HTML documents .txt Text files (DOS, Windows, Unicode, UTF-8)TextMaker_ViewerSetup is also available from MySharedFiles

DriverMax_small.pngViewfullsize.pngDriverMax enables you to backup and reinstall all your Windows drivers. If you need to reinstall Windows, you can easily install all your drivers from the backup without having to insert or search for your original driver CDs. You can choose to backup/install all your drivers or only selected drivers based on several filters or manual selection. DriverMax can export the drivers to a folder of your choice, and optionally compress them into a single zip file. Free registration required after 30 days.DirectDownloadAlso available from MySharedFiles:Enjoy. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
VT.pngVolumeTouch v1.1 [290K] [Win2k/XP] [FREE]VolumeTouch is a freeware replacement utility for the Windows speaker icon usually located in the bottom right of your screen, next to the clock. With VolumeTouch you can adjust the volume instantly from any application without leaving your current work.Requirements:==============Windows 2000 or Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework (free download) from:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enUse control panel add/remove programs if you want to check if you already have it installed.A full discription and download link available from:http://www.hi.is/~antoni/volumetouch/Also avilabe from MySharedFiles:http://bob3160.googlepages.com/mysharedfilesVolumeTouch.pngEnjoy :devil:

• 2 weeks later...
TheWonderfulIcon.pngThe Wonderful Iconhttp://www.thewonderfulicon.com/ The Wonderful Icon is a small program that adds a single icon to your system tray, from which you can perform dozens of very useful functions. You can minimize any program or folder to the system tray, bounce windows to the edges of the screen, set windows to be on-top, adjust the volume, empty the recycle bin, start your screensaver... you name it! More Screen Shots availabe here:http://www.snapfiles.com/screenshots/the-wonderful-icon.htmFull discription and download available from SnapFiles:http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/wonderful...erful-icon.htmlIt's also available from MySharedFiles:http://bob3160.googlepages.com/mysharedfiles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
PDF2EXE v1.0.0.128PDF2EXE01.pngPDF2EXE is a freeware program to quickly convert PDF to EXE, making PDF readable on any computer without Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat software installed. The conversion from PDF to EXE preserves the look and feel of the original document.With PDF2EXE, you can distribute your Adobe PDF files to your customers and share PDF documents with your friends without worrying about whether they can read it or not. PDF2EXE users can have more control over PDF files.PDF2EXE.png [1.56M] [Win98/ME/2k/XP] [FREE]PDF2EXE is also available from MySharedFiles ;)

MR Tech Systray - FREEWARE!! mrTech_small.pngClick image to enlargeMR Tech Systray is a swiss army knife of tools, tweaks and system options. It will not only let you quickly shut down, restart or log off from Windows, it can help keep your hard disk a little cleaner, organize your MP3 & Other Media files, edit MP3's iD3 tags, sort text lines, log reboots and tune your system. Other features include: system-wide shortcut keys, an incredibly fast program uninstaller, a directory jump list, enhanced system information, save or print screenshot/window and more.Both versions are also available from MySharedFiles B)

SpeedFan 4.31 SF.png======================SpeedFanSmall.pngClick Image to enlargeIf you need a tool that can change your computer's fan speeds, read the temperatures of your motherboard and your hard disk, read voltages and fan speeds and check the status of your hard disk using S.M.A.R.T. or SCSI attributes, then you came to the right place. SpeedFan is the software to go. It is fully configurable and you can create custom events to handle every situation in an automated way. SpeedFan works under Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003 XP. If you are planning a hardware upgrade and would like to move to Vista, consider that SpeedFan is compatible with it too. Direct Download SpeedFan4.31Setup.exe is also available from MySharedFiles :thumbsup: Edited by bob3160

Your photo link is broken for SpeedFan.
It is ??? I'm not having any probles with it. ( I have however made a change in the Direct Download Link )It now points to Major Geeks. Edited by bob3160

• 2 weeks later...
tinySpell
Occasionally you need to check the spelling of words in an application that does not include a spelling checker and you don't want to launch your word processor just for that. This is when tinySpell becomes handy. It is a small utility that allows you to easily and quickly check the spelling of words in any Windows application. tinySpell can watch your typing on the fly and alert you whenever it detects a misspelled word. It can also check the spelling of text that you copy to the clipboard.tinySpell installs itself in the system tray for easy access. It comes with an American-English dictionary containing more than 110,000 words.
I have been using it for years in startup and even works with WinVista. It does not care what program you are using while typing, it just works... even in posts/replies in forums and (probably) blogs! New release was November 16, 2006. I like endorsing FREEware of the good kind, so I splurged and bought the tinySpell+ version for $7 >> eventhough it does not really offer much more than the FREEware version for my needs!

Clipomatic - ClipBoard Utility on SteroidsDump the ClipBoard of WinOS and replace it with this utility in your startup.Another gorgeous and simple utility by that punk Mike Lin! I practically watched him grow up in the past 6+ years.

Clipomatic is a clipboard cache program. It remembers what was copied to the clipboard and allows you to retrieve it, even after you've copied something else to the clipboard. Clipomatic only works with text. It works on any modern version of Windows.How it worksStart Clipomatic, and it will automatically begin monitoring the clipboard and recording its changes. When you want to paste an old item, you just put the keyboard cursor where you would like to paste and press Ctrl-Alt-V instead of Ctrl-V. A menu pops up with your clips - you can select one with the mouse or with a single keystroke. The menu then disappears, and the item is pasted.
I have it setup to use Alt+Ctrl+V as the quick-key for it!It is a FREEware but his efforts were well worth my donation of $5 some years back!You may wish to read About Mike Lin, here.

NetworkMagic.pngSet up, Manage and Secure Your Home Network Share printers and files easily Monitor and repair your network Protect against wireless network intruders View your entire network on the network map NetworkMagic01.pngIncludes 30-day trial of premium featuresYou can see what their Easy File sharing website looks like at the following link:http://bob3160.net2go.com/___________________________________________________________________NetworkMagic_speed_test.pngSpeed TestEver experience slow Internet speed or Web page loading times? Pretty much all of us have. What's extremely difficult to figure out is what is causing the problem. Is your Internet connection slow? Is your wireless network connection not working correctly? Is someone else in your house downloading large files and using up all of the available bandwidth? Network Magic gives you a quick way to speed test your Internet connection, and diagnose what your problem may be if you are experiencing below average speed. Includes 30-day trial of Premium featuresI personally use both of these products and am extremely impressed how easy it made network management.I purchased the pro version of Network Magic back in Jan. of this year. :hmm: Edited by bob3160

Another fine tool from Mike Lin is Startup CPL... patio. :thumbsup:
... but ONLY if you are not using WinPatrol and his pooch! WinPatrol is FREEware and is full of other useful features, although has a bigger memory footprint!

Foobar is not that bad. But only if you are not a borne-again WinAMP fan from the early days.

Foobar2000 is primarily an advanced audio player (WinOS platforms), with some support for other multimedia audio extraction and playback.It is developed by Peter Pawlowski who originally worked on WinAMP3.FB2000 uses a plain and simple UI - no skins, no fuss. In the Playback mode, the player approximately consumes 1.9 Mbyte of your RAM (which is so much less compared to Winamp or MS Media Player).Here are some key features of "Foobar":* Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player* Audio formats supported "out-of-the-box": WAV, AIFF, VOC, AU, SND, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, MP2, MP3, MPEG-4 AAC* Audio formats supported through official addons: FLAC, OggFLAC, Monkey's Audio, WavPack, Speex, CDDA, TFMX, SPC, various MOD types; extraction on-the-fly from RAR, 7-ZIP & ZIP archives* Full Unicode support on Windows NT* ReplayGain support* Low memory footprint, efficient handling of really large playlists* Advanced file info processing capabilities (generic file info box and masstagger)* Highly customizable playlist display* Customizable keyboard shortcuts* Most of standard components are opensourced under BSD license (source included with the SDK)
The Foobar FREEware link is HERE

Hello,I have been using a program called AutoHotKey to automate small and repetitive tasks, such as typing in frequently-used blocks of text. It works well under Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista (it runs as a 32-bit application under 64-bit versions of Vista).The program distributed under the GPL and is available for download from http://www.autohotkey.com/ along with source code.RegardsAryeh Goretsky

...program called AutoHotKey to automate small and repetitive tasks, such as typing in frequently-used blocks of text. ...
I think Clipomatic (buffered ClipBoard) by Mike Lin can do this, as discussed in reply #52 above. It contains permanent keysets that can be setup for such usage as and added bonus.