Super Bowl XL

Neil P

Ahhhhhhhhhh!All my life I've been waiting for the Steelers to get the "one for the thumb", and it finally happened! What an amazing day. This is the greatest feeling ever!B)

How old are you? This is the Steeler's FIFTH Super Bowl win.I'd be thrilled if my freakin Dolphins even got into the playoffs. I think we have 2 Super Bowl wins from like 30 years ago.Nevertheless, a great victory for the Steelers, going from wild card to Super Bowl.

20 in May. I know they won 4 others, but I didn't see any of them. The best I've got is the Super Bowl XXX loss to the Cowboys. Or that was the best, until today!The '72 Dolphins went undefeated! Also, Shula easily has the most wins as a head coach. The Dolphins were better this year than last, and I bet they can give the Patriots a run for their money next year in the East.

Kids.I know the '72 Dolphins went undefeated because I saw it on TV. It was only a couple of years after I saw Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.Thanks for your support for the Fins. "Next year" is always our best and the glory days of the '70's seems a distant memory.Don't forget (or in your case research the past) the Steelers glory days. I think I saw Franco Harris waving a Terrible Towel in the tediously long pregame show.

My best friend said it best, only this was about the Pirates: "This is the year!" and "Maybe next year!" are the team mottos. B) I'm very well aware of the Steelers' past, and it's a storied one. The only problem with that was the only stories that I had up until now were of losing AFC Championship games (and one Super Bowl, which is just a little too far back for me to remember clearly--I do remember it, just not well) Funny how the 70s were the Steelers glory days too :teehee:Franco was surely there, they had all of the MVPs from previous Super Bowls. However, Terry Bradshaw (2x an MVP) was noticeably absent; they didn't even say his name, he was just skipped over.

Congrats ... Neil ... not a steeler fan here (GO CHARGERS) ...... but certainly not a seahawks fan .. now ...according to all the hoopla ... John Madden is the winningist coach in the NFL (cursed Raiders) ... and since Troy Aikman was there (works for Fox) ,, don't think that had much to do with snubbing Bradshaw ... him and the "steel curtain" were great to watch ...FWIW ... IMO .. the Fox network has the best group in the "booth" of them all ,,, CBS reeks and now that there is no more MNF on ABC they sort of off the grid(iron) ... B)

Link.
Quarterbacks Joe Montana, Jake Scott and Terry Bradshaw were conspicuously absent when the NFL showcased the Most Valuable Players from the first 39 Super Bowls during pre-game ceremonies in Detroit on Sunday.Montana, the former signal caller for the San Francisco 49ers and the only three-time Super Bowl MVP, apparently turned down the invitation because he wanted $100,000, not the $1,000 the NFL was offering, according to reports from Newsday and the San Francisco Chronicle.Bradshaw decided to stay home, while former Dolphins MVP Jake Scott was traveling in Australia.Although Bradshaw told league officials that he wanted to be with his family, The Chronicle reported the former Steelers quarterback also took issue with the amount the NFL was willing to pay for an appearance in the pre-game ceremonies. Bradshaw, through a representative, denied the Chronicle's report that there was a dispute over money.The NFL reportedly provided each of the former MVPs $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as plane tickets, car rental and game tickets.When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to take part in the tribute.

according to all the hoopla ... John Madden is the winningist coach in the NFL (cursed Raiders) ... and since Troy Aikman was there (works for Fox) ,, don't think that had much to do with snubbing Bradshaw ... him and the "steel curtain" were great to watch ...
Madden may very well have the best winning percentage, but Shula has the most wins :thumbsup:I'm very pleased with Madden, all this year during Steelers games (4 times, with the Super Bowl) he never brought up the Immaculate Reception. He usually talks about it at least once a game.Webb, that's pretty sad B) Like Joe Montana needs the money! He can't go to the Super Bowl and honor the game that made him who he is and the NFL ;) It's double sad if Bradshaw wasn't there for the same reason. It's his team in the game, after all!

They wanted Montana to do the coin toss too (according to SportsCenter). But he didn't want to be involved in the hoopla, and he supposedly had to be back in California for his kid's basketball game (at least that's what he said on ESPN on Thursday).

• 4 weeks later...
Ahhhhhhhhhh!All my life I've been waiting for the Steelers to get the "one for the thumb", and it finally happened! What an amazing day. This is the greatest feeling ever!
Are you the same steeler_fan that I see in MZAD? :hysterical:

Are you the same steeler_fan that I see in MZAD? :hysterical:
Sure am! I just sent you a PM before I saw this, actually. Weird!