xmms trouble

arcturus

p92 w/NForce2 board - no problems with sound, it's the xmms equalizer! :thumbsup: It simply doesn't work. For instance sliding the pregain bar up/down has no effect on volume nor doesany of the frequency sliders. Some of the other players have perfectly functional equalizers. Any ideas sinceI want to rock da house? :icon8: xmms v 1.2.10-17 (latest)

Never seen that before . . . . I will try to google for a solution and see what I can find.:icon8: Bruno
k thanks. Also tried uninstalling xmms eq, then reinstalling through synaptic, howeverI don't think it uninstalled properly because the equalizer was still present afterthe uninstall. :thumbsup:

k thanks. Also tried uninstalling xmms eq, then reinstalling through synaptic, howeverI don't think it uninstalled properly because the equalizer was still present afterthe uninstall. :hmm:
I am probably reading this wrong, but did you try to un-install the xmms-eq without un-installing xmms itsself ?B) Bruno

Hi arcturusMan, I did not even know there was a xmms-eq package B) . . . . . . but I found it and installed it just to check it out.This brings be to the next questions: in the "XMMS" --> "Options" --> "Preferences" --> "Effect plugins", do you have the box "enable" ticked ? . . . . also when you there press the "configure" button is the box "show" ticked too ??On my system the plugin works . . . . but that is about all I can say about it, because I think that the default equalizer that comes with the basic xmms package does a far better job and is almost identical . . . they both look alike like 2 drops of water ( yes there is a color difference and one or two sliders more ) . . . . and with the eq-plugin I have to pump up the volume an extra 50% to get sound at all.So what I did was disable the plugin and remove it again in the MCC . . . . and I will keep using the default equalizer as I did up to now with great satisfaction. ( yep Rolling Stones playing right now :D )B) Bruno

I only tested the Mandriva version of the plugin . . . looks like the PCLos is buggy . . . I would uninstall it and use the default one.B) Bruno

Here's the successful conclusion ... :) After seg faulting xmms B) I figured enough is enoughso,I uninstalled it completely, taking with it stuff like faad2, flac,logjam, streamtuner, and lots of xmms-items which Synaptic said were dependencies.Then I reinstalled, this time selectively reinstalling just a few of the itemswhich were uninstalled, mostly the xmms-items (alsa, ao,arts).Yowser, the equalizer works once again! :D