Firefox 1.5 is here!

Keegan

and what is not official with ftp.mozilla.org :Pfirst upload the files then update the website
I will wait for my version of RC3 to update or I will just click on check for updates. There has to be a reason that it is NOT available here http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/?? That is where ASA said it will be released, you might have just downloaded a nightly build. Someone else was complaining something being missing???? ;)

If you've got RC3, you've got 1.5. It's the exact same build, so it won't update any further.ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir.../1.5rc3/MD5SUMS :

d0cbbd5d8c47fe36ee8f26fb1255838c ./win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 1.5rc3.exe
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...ses/1.5/MD5SUMS :
d0cbbd5d8c47fe36ee8f26fb1255838c ./win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 1.5.exe
I don't know why it's not on the front page, I guess they're putting the finishing touches on the release notes, finalizing URLs, etc.

well as feared it broke extensions and themes, sheeesh, knew I should of waited -- would of thought with the all the time the RCs were around they could of updated their themes and extensions

Edited by havnblast

well as feared it broke extensions and themes, sheeesh, knew I should of waited -- would of thought with the all the time the RCs were around they could of updated their themes and extensions
Arrrrgh, thanks for reminding !

If you go to Tools -> Extensions (and Tools -> Themes) and hit "Find Updates", does it find any?If not, which extensions/themes are you using? Unrelated: That website looks pretty nice. http://getfirefox.com redirects to http://mozilla.com; http://mozilla.org/products/firefox redirects (correctly) to http://mozilla.com/firefoxIt's now 100% officially released ;) Again, as a reminder, if you're using 1.5 RC3, there is no need to download 1.5--it's the same exact build, just renamed.The new look of mozilla.com is nice; addons.mozilla.org has also received a face-lift. It looks much better, and even features such a thing as recommended extensions.
so what do you think, is it worthy of a .5 release?
Yep :D I've been using these builds for far too long now for this release to really be surprising to me, and I'm pretty much used to all of the new features already, but it's a great update.

Forecastfox is listed as "1.0-1.6a1", so it should work. Popups Must Die! simply changes the preference privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins:0: open allowed1: the opened windows are treated as popups, but they're allowed to open (the number allowed is limited)2: the window is a popup, block itWhat is yours set to? (Look under about:config) I believe the extension sets it to "2".Actually, on further inspection, it seems to be set to "2" by default, so the extension isn't needed anymore :thumbsup: Pinball, unfortunately, has not been updated recently (homepage) Perhaps try the Modern Pinball Firefox Theme?

that is great that I don't need that extension any more!!went to the link for modern pinball and installed it, that was the one I hadI'll give forecastfox a go nextsweet, back to normal againThanks!!too bad that those that do the extensions can't keep up on the extension page so the find update works, otherwise how do you ever know where to find the latest extensionThanks!

Edited by havnblast

well most extensions worked for me, only flst and mouse gestures didn't worknice to see they finally put some tab options in options, no more editing in about:configinstant back is really cool, and reorder of tabs, but no focus last tab, argoverall a great browser have gotten even better :thumbsup:another thingsize for install file firefox 1.07 5376 kbsize for install file firefox 1.50 5076 kb going down:)

Edited by Keegan

I installed it over the previous version without problems.One thing I have not been able to figure out is how to get FF to put in my name and password. Some sites it does it, ans some it does not. Maybe once I said no to the question, but is there a way to get a log on for sites that do not do it now? FF is not asking me if I want it to log on.Thanks,Jerry

I installed it over the previous version without problems.One thing I have not been able to figure out is how to get FF to put in my name and password. Some sites it does it, ans some it does not. Maybe once I said no to the question, but is there a way to get a log on for sites that do not do it now? FF is not asking me if I want it to log on.Thanks,Jerry
Tools -> Options -> Privacy, click on "Passwords" and then "View Saved Passwords". From there, you can view both passwords saved, passwords never saved (in the other tab), and you can see your passwords by hitting "Show Passwords"

Man, it's dissapointing how it handled my extensions. It updated half of my 14 extensions. I suppose that's the fault of the extension makers, but I can't browse without Super Drag and Go, and Googlebar and MapIt. It also didn't carry over the Apollo theme that I love so much...Wasn't there a way to fool FF into allowing "older" extensions?

Edited by tbird

Wasn't there a way to fool FF into allowing "older" extensions?
Yes, but it most likely won't work for such a big change. When it's going from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6, you can safely do it. Here, themes will break 100% of the time, and extensions will break a lot of the time too.

Hmmm...almost not worth the upgrade, then, until the extension makers get their acts together...I found a cheater way to get the theme to work...the owner's site had an experimental version.

Edited by tbird

I'm using 1.5 right now. So far, all but one extension isn't working, and i'm not really concerned about it at all.Adblock wasn't working right, but reinstalling it from the firefox site fixed that.

• 1 month later...

New poster, so pardon if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there still no Super Drag and Go for 1.5 . Anyone know anything about SDGG? Also I saw an above post that said they wish Apollo was available, the FF themes site lists the creaters website and says it's available there.

New poster, so pardon if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there still no Super Drag and Go for 1.5 . Anyone know anything about SDGG? Also I saw an above post that said they wish Apollo was available, the FF themes site lists the creaters website and says it's available there.
Hi, and welcome to the forums!From basic research, it just seems that SuperDragAndGo has been abandoned. However, I have been led to believe that it works in 1.5 if you update it.It's really easy to do that,First, instead of installing it, save it to your desktop.Next, view the contents of the xpi using an archiving program (an xpi file is just a zip file with a different extension). I used 7-zip. Extract just the file install.rdf file. Open that file in Notepad, and find the maxVersion near the bottom (it's currently set to 100.0+). Change that to 1.6 and save the file. Add it right back to the xpi, replacing the old version. From there, drag the xpi to an open Firefox window, and it will install just like normal!I did this myself, and it took around 45 seconds to accomplish. You can download my version here, if you don't feel up to poking around inside the extension.