Resizing windows

georgeg4

I am having a little trouble with some windows ( mostly the configuration windows ) an example is the gaim config window . It extends past the bottom of the screen and I cant seem to make it smaller . I tried alt/f8,changing my screen resolution and windows preferences and I can't get to the bottom corner to resize them.

SonicDragon

I don't know much about Linux but:Can u click the arrow thing that makes the "start bar" dissapear to the side, or move the start bar so that u can reach the corner?

Good point Sonic !George you can also change resolution withn Ctrl+Alt+ ¨+¨ or ¨-¨:D Bruno

I am having a little trouble with some windows ( mostly the configuration windows ) an example is the gaim config window . It extends past the bottom of the screen and I cant seem to make it smaller . I tried alt/f8,changing my screen resolution and windows preferences and I can't get to the bottom corner to resize them.
Not familiar with "Gaim", but try this: go to the extreme upper left corner of the window, there might be an "X" or a "push pin", left-click and select "size"; it might work. :D

Thanks Sonic but no go the screen extends below the panel and past the bottom of my screen . And Bruno I tried to change the resolution but that dfoesn't help either . I also tried to move my screen up with the monitor controls . I also tried quint's suggestion but to no avail . The only way I can see is through the terminal but I don't know the commands that would do it.

I'm a visual person myself. Theres a slim chance it might help if you posted a screenshot.... Maybe.... Change it to a jpg and post the entire desktop with the window... Just a stab in the dark I guess...Your right, the main GAIM window won't let you resize it.....Jon