Yippee!

hodgy

B) Made it! Finally on line with Mandrake, Courtesy of a Ethernet modem & Nic.Sailed straight through the install, Mdk. recognized everything, just entered ISPdetails and WhaHay off we go ;) Just got to learn how everything works know ;) Hodgy

Hodgy had not seen your post nor did I get a warning: Congrats Mate !!! Brilliant Finaly on line with Mandrake !!:ph34r: Bruno

Give the ´ol Con@#$$% a big swing Hodgy, kick it right trough the window, jump on it , get the agressiion out of your system !:ph34r: Bruno

Hi all Thanks for congrats. Install went fine, but i do have a few problemswith some programmes freezing. Galeon & Mozilla for example.But at least when an app. locks it does not automatically mean a reboot,like another OS B) I have a Linux book on the way, so with that and lots of posts in this forum i should be OK :) Hodgy

BrunoI did the updates in mcc. problems still there.I might have over done it with the updates, about 200Mb. I think B) Hodgy

Can´t overdo with the updates Hodgy, it only gives you the packages you need ! 200 MB is correct ! We will see tomorrow about your problems OK ? :D Bruno

Wow Hodgy - you've made the install with such little fanfare. Where's the angst!?! ;) I noticed that you were following my ordeal, uh, I mean install, today off & on - I was beginning to suspect that you might be an alter-ego of Bruno's! ;) I'm going to watch your thread because this is all new to me too!--------------The new to Linux Sieb :)