URPMI Sources in Mandriva 2006

Bruno

URPMI SOURCES MANDRIVA 2006Want access to 100 GB extra software ??There are the new sources you can add to the package manager of Mandriva 2005 to get extra software. Some of them everybody can add, but a few ( the last two ) are only for Club Members.For those new to this concept, here how it´s done:

Go to a console, log in as 'su' and paste the line after the prompt and hit enter.Now it should work and get the list . . . be patient, it takes a while.Then as you get the prompt back, close the console ( Ctrl+d , 2x ).Now that we have added the source to your software manager, we can have a look at all the packages:Go to the MCC --> Software Management --> 'Look at installable software and install software packages' ( the icon with the + ). Now you will see the text : 'All packages' under the search-box., 'All packages' 'by group' change the by group in: 'by medium repository' and you will get a list with the sources you can choose from: CD1, CD2, CD3 and also the Update source and the just added source. Click in the little triangle in front of the new source, and a list will fold out with all the packages you can choose from . . . . FUN, MAGIC, BLISS !
Please remember that after a while your sources might be outdated, so before searching and installing new packages you will have to update your sources with "urpmi.update -a" !!Here they are: ( Don´t click on the links but paste them in a root-console ) YOU HAVE TO BE ON LINE ! All commands are ONE line.Contrib
# urpmi.addmedia contrib  ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/contrib with ../media_info/hdlist_contrib.cz

Main ( Distribution, what is on your CDs :) )

# urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/main with ../media_info/hdlist_main.cz

PLF-Free ( Needs the Contrib source )

# urpmi.addmedia plf-free ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz

PLF-NonFree ( Free to download and use, non-free as in licence ) ( Needs the Contrib source )

# urpmi.addmedia plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/non-free/2006.0 with hdlist.cz

Jpackage

# urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/jpackage with ../media_info/hdlist_jpackage.cz

NL-Club

# urpmi.addmedia NL-Club  ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/mandrakeclubnl/2006/i586/ with hdlist.cz

Thacs rpms

# urpmi.addmedia thac_rpms http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/thac//2006.0/RPMS with hdlist.cz

SeerOfSouls

# urpmi.addmedia SeerOfSouls http://seerofsouls.com/RPMS-2006/ with hdlist.cz

Borgnet

# urpmi.addmedia Borgnet ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/borgnet/2006.0/i586/ with ../hdlist.cz

>>> Only Mandriva Club-MembersCommercial Packages

# urpmi.addmedia "club.commercial_x86-32_2006" https://bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD@dl.mandriva.com/rpm/comm/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz

( Do not forget to replace "bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD" which are the login: <bruno@forum.com> and the <password> for the club . . the @ in your email address is replaced by a %40 )Club Testing ( Does not yet work because is still empty )

# urpmi.addmedia "club.testing_x86-32_2006" https://bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD@dl.mandriva.com/rpm/test/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz

( Do not forget to replace "bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD" which are the login: <bruno@forum.com> and the <password> for the club . . the @ in your email address is replaced by a %40 )Club-Club

# urpmi.addmedia "club.club_x86-32_2006" https://bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD@dl.mandriva.com/rpm/club/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz

( Do not forget to replace "bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD" which are the login: <bruno@forum.com> and the <password> for the club . . the @ in your email address is replaced by a %40 )More to follow . . . . !!B) Bruno

hi bruno,i thought this might be important. i get this while trying to add the jpackage.

[root@localhost cybormoron]# urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man.../media/jpackage with hdlist.czadded medium contribwrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main (nluug-1).cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib (nluug-2).cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.update_source.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz]retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "contrib"... ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...ckage/hdlist.cz...retrieving failed: curl: (19) Given file does not existretrieval of source hdlist (or synthesis) failedno hdlist file found for medium "contrib"examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]problem reading synthesis file of medium "contrib"found 0 headers in cacheremoving 0 obsolete headers in cachewrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]unable to update medium "contrib"[root@localhost cybormoron]#

Hi cybor!Diddo for me! I had no problem with the previous ones, however. Did you? I guess not. If you and/or I would have encountered the same problem with all the urpms then I would have suggested moving to a different mirror ( because I had problems with nluug before ) or trying again a few times in case the mirror was overloaded but since it is only the jpackage there could be something wrong with the url ( although Bruno is always careful making sure the links work properly ).Just for the record here is what happened to me ( I am not including the first urpms since they worked );

[root@localhost rejean]# urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man.../media/jpackage with hdlist.czadded medium contribwrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main (nluug-1).cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib (nluug-2).cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.update_source.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz]retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "contrib"... ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...ckage/hdlist.cz...retrieving failed: curl: (19) Given file does not existretrieval of source hdlist (or synthesis) failedno hdlist file found for medium "contrib"examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]problem reading synthesis file of medium "contrib"found 0 headers in cacheremoving 0 obsolete headers in cachewrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]unable to update medium "contrib"[root@localhost rejean]#
Edited by réjean

Sorry guys . . my mistake . . . . . please try this:

# urpmi.addmedia jpackage ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/jpackage with ../media_info/hdlist_jpackage.cz

And to make sure my errorous command did not mess up things please show me:

# cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg

;) Bruno* Corrected info above !

Aone Bruno! I knew it was something very simple. Give it a try cybor and thank you for pointing out the problem btw!!!

[root@localhost rejean]# cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfgMain\ (nluug-1) ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586//media/main {  hdlist: hdlist.Main (nluug-1).cz  key-ids: 26752624  with_hdlist: ../..//media/media_info/hdlist_main.cz}Contrib\ (nluug-2) ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586//media/contrib {  hdlist: hdlist.Contrib (nluug-2).cz  key-ids: 26752624  with_hdlist: ../..//media/media_info/hdlist_contrib.cz}update_source http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/distro/Mandrakelinux/official/updates/2006.0/main_updates {  hdlist: hdlist.update_source.cz  key-ids: 22458a98  list: list.update_source  synthesis  update  with_hdlist: media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz}plf-free ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/free/2006.0 {  hdlist: hdlist.plf-free.cz  key-ids: caba22ae  list: list.plf-free  with_hdlist: hdlist.cz}plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/plf/mandrake/non-free/2006.0 {  hdlist: hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz  key-ids: caba22ae  list: list.plf-nonfree  with_hdlist: hdlist.cz}jpackage ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/jpackage {  hdlist: hdlist.jpackage.cz  key-ids: c431416d  with_hdlist: ../media_info/hdlist_jpackage.cz}[root@localhost rejean]#

Just added 2 more sources . . . . . . "only Club">>> Only Mandriva Club-Members <<<Commercial Packages

# urpmi.addmedia "club.commercial_x86-32_2006" https://bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD@dl.mandriva.com/rpm/comm/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz

( Do not forget to replace "bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD" which are the login: <bruno@forum.com> and the <password> for the club . . the @ in your email address is replaced by a %40 )Club Testing ( Does not yet work because is still empty )

# urpmi.addmedia "club.testing_x86-32_2006" https://bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD@dl.mandriva.com/rpm/test/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz

( Do not forget to replace "bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD" which are the login: <bruno@forum.com> and the <password> for the club . . the @ in your email address is replaced by a %40 ):D Bruno

thanks bruno,isn't it always like us rookies to find these things and keep you pros on your toes? loool. i'm happy to report that i'm starting to get the hang of this linux exploration and that mandy 2006.0 (official) seems to be working fine for me. here's mine;[root@localhost cybormoron]# cat /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfgMain\ (nluug-1) ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...586//media/main { hdlist: hdlist.Main (nluug-1).cz key-ids: 26752624 update with_hdlist: ../..//media/media_info/hdlist_main.cz}Contrib\ (nluug-2) ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...//media/contrib { hdlist: hdlist.Contrib (nluug-2).cz key-ids: 26752624 update with_hdlist: ../..//media/media_info/hdlist_contrib.cz}update_source ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man....0/main_updates { hdlist: hdlist.update_source.cz key-ids: 22458a98 list: list.update_source synthesis update with_hdlist: media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz}plf-free ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux...ake/free/2006.0 { hdlist: hdlist.plf-free.cz key-ids: caba22ae list: list.plf-free with_hdlist: hdlist.cz}plf-nonfree ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux...non-free/2006.0 { hdlist: hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz key-ids: caba22ae list: list.plf-nonfree with_hdlist: hdlist.cz}jpackage ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man.../media/jpackage { hdlist: hdlist.jpackage.cz key-ids: c431416d with_hdlist: ../media_info/hdlist_jpackage.cz}[root@localhost cybormoron]#

Edited by cybormoron

• 2 weeks later...

I found another small source:NL-Club

# urpmi.addmedia NL-Club  ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/mandrakeclubnl/2006/i586/ with hdlist.cz

( is added to the first post too;):thumbsup: Bruno** Tomorrow the sources will move to The Tips :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I found another source:Club-Club

# urpmi.addmedia "club.club_x86-32_2006" https://bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD@dl.mandriva.com/rpm/club/2006.0/i586/ with hdlist.cz

( Do not forget to replace "bruno%40forum.com:PASSWORD" which are the login: <bruno@forum.com> and the <password> for the club . . the @ in your email address is replaced by a %40 )( is added to the first post too;):'( Bruno

Hurray . . . . . the Thacs source is also available for 2006:

# urpmi.addmedia thac_rpms http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/thac//2006.0/RPMS with hdlist.cz

( yep, you did see that correctly, there are 2 "/" in the code above :) )Pssst: I see there also might be a KDE 3.5 source there soon . . . I will keep you posted :hmm: B) Bruno*( is added to the first post too;)

• 2 weeks later...

I already have a CONTRIB source at Warwick Uni, the official one from the Manriva mirrors list. Do I replace it with the one you showed above or can I stay with that?

I already have a CONTRIB source at Warwick Uni, the official one from the Manriva mirrors list. Do I replace it with the one you showed above or can I stay with that?
When I try and add the CONTRIB in post 1 above this is what happens:
[root@Vaio thomas]# urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...6/media/contrib with hdlist.czadded medium contribwrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Contrib (Official2006.0-2).cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.SoS-2006.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Main (Official2006.0-1).cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.update_source.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.club.commercial_x86-32_2006.cz]examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.cz]retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "contrib"... ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...ntrib/hdlist.cz...retrieving failed: curl: (19) Given file does not existretrieval of source hdlist (or synthesis) failedno hdlist file found for medium "contrib"examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]problem reading synthesis file of medium "contrib"found 0 headers in cacheremoving 0 obsolete headers in cachewrote config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg]unable to update medium "contrib"[root@Vaio thomas]#
All others work fineHelp!

Hi Satbunny & WizdogSorry about that . . . . . Looks like they removed the hdlist.cz . . . . . B) Please try this one:

# urpmi.addmedia contrib  ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrakelinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/contrib with ../media_info/hdlist_contrib.cz

( UPDATE: tested and works ;) )BTW: Satbunny, if you have the contrib from Warwick Uni you might want to replace it by the nluug one ( just to be sure they are in sync ;) ) B) Bruno

Two more sources added to first post in this thread:SeerOfSouls

# urpmi.addmedia SeerOfSouls http://seerofsouls.com/RPMS-2006/ with hdlist.cz

Borgnet

# urpmi.addmedia Borgnet ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/borgnet/2006.0/i586/ with ../hdlist.cz

B) BrunoNOTE: Please do not keep all those extra sources "active" all the time . . . only make them "active" ( in MCC ) when you are looking for software you can not find on the CDs . . .and de-activate them when you have those installed.Also do not forget to do "urpmi.update -a" before searching software from an extra source . . . the lists on those mirrors do change from time to time because new software is added or replaces by newer versions.