"Do not move to Recycle Bin" doesn't stay set

D K G

I have the XP recycle bin set to configure drives separately. Drive G is my external hard drive, used only for backups. I check the configuration on it every time I start the computer and if it's a restart or shutdown or I turned off the harddrive and didn't turn it on until after startup, it is ALWAYS reset to the default settings. If it's a hibernate startup with the drive on, or I turned the drive off and then on before the startup, the recycle bin may or may not be reset to the default. I can live with all of this, but the real kicker is that after I reset it the way I want, sometimes it resets itself to the default settings! As a minor aside, the Apply button doesn't work as it should: it actually resets things to the default. To get the settings I want, I have to simply click the OK button.Any suggestions?

Any Norton products installed ? ?patio. B)

Norton SystemWorks: Norton Utilities--Disk Doctor, WinDoctor, Speed Disk only Norton CleanSweep--NOT set to run automaticallyWinFax Pro 10--all the autostart things permanently disabled via M. Lin's "Startup Control Panel" and Administrative Tools--Services.I had Norton AntiVirus 2005, but uninstalled it when I bought ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

You will have to set those parameters in System Works for the behaviour of the Recycle Bin...I walked away from all Norton products about 3 years ago so i can't give more details. Someone will be along shortly.patio. :bye2: