New Powerbook!

bjf123

I just got a new 15" Powerbook with SuperDrive, which gets added to my iMac and my wife's iBook home network (along with a Compaq PC). It's a sweet little system with just one problem. The power brick doesn't work. I plug it in and after about 30 seconds it stops charging. I plug the brick from my wife's iBook in to the PB and it charges just fine. I took the brick back to my local Apple store where they tried it on one of their PBs. Of course, it worked fine. They told me to bring it back with my PB and they'd see what happens. I took it back a few days later and they told me I needed an appointment for someone at the Genius Bar to take a look at it. Would have been nice if they told me that when I was there the first time! :lol: I'll see if I can get an appointment this weekend. Other than this minor inconvenience, it's a great system.

At least you have an Apple store. :-) The closest ones for me are in West Des Moines (or maybe plain Des Moines, I don't remember) and various Chicago suburbs, all of which are 2 or 3 hours away.I got a "new" (refurbsied) iMac a few weeks ago, and I spent some time in Web chat and on the phone trying to get Classic installed; the first time on the phone, they sent my replacement DVDs that should have Classic on them. Turns out they didn't. The second time they finally got it right and sent me the Additional Software and Apple Hardware Test CD that I was actually missing.Now my only issue is that my computer is loud! My sister called me at work once to ask how to turn it off because she said it sounded like a vacuum cleaner, and it does hum very loudly for me once in a while, too. I should probably call them about that before I leave for school in a few weeks...and, uh, oh, here comes the humming again... (unless something in the dorm is really white-noisy, there's no way I'll be able to stand this thing in the room).