Mac sales soar

Jeber

From ars technica:

A few years ago, someone at Apple spoke to someone at their advertising agency, and the result was a campaign targeted at getting Windows users to switch. Since then, Steve and Co. have been pushing the Mac platform as a hassle-free alternative to the men from Redmond, lacking viruses and spyware, yet retaining important Office compatibility and gaining functionality. Could their plan be working? Well, the answer, at least according to the analysts at Needham & Co., is yes;    "The iPod continued to lure Windows users into the Macintosh fold (in the third quarter). Mac unit shipments rose 35 per cent, three times the PC market growth rate."    "Assuming that Mac shipments would have been flat year-over-year, these percentage increases imply that about 200,000 Windows users purchased Macs in both the second and third fiscal quarters,"

In what used to be a one Mac town (my town and my Macs) this month I have spoken to four people who have always used Windows and they are now boasting about their new Macs!Not sure if I like it or not, Macs and Linux are no more just for the geeks.

At my company our entire IT staff is now on Macs. They mostly support a Unix backend and they will tell you that they are Unix users not Mac users but none the less they are all on Macs. Our Development department is moving over as well. Two of our developers code on OS X running X11 and have ported over their favorite linux apps for developing. I have gotten my entire family as well as many friends to make the switch and everyone loves working with OS X. My 60 year old mother who was completely intimidated by her windows machines, I got 10 calls a day with questions and complaints about what the computer did to her today. We got her an iMac and she loves it. In fact we can't get her off of it. She loads and prints her own digital pictures and has no more e-mail problems.She'll tell you it just works and she enjoys it. So more power to Apple.Christopher

There was a point in time when Macs were for geeks?  :teehee:

In my little part of the world geeks are weird and if you use anything other than Windows then you are also considered weird! I would rather be considered weird than use Windows. :D