new HJT log review site

chiawaikian

chiawaikian

Just saw a newly-created HJT log review site.Although it's hosted by blogger.com, the creator of this site solved my problem thoroughly. So now i wish to thank him/her by letting his/her site be publicised.

I have to echo siljalines comment:

Nothing Beats Expert Analysis!
None of these auto-analysis sites are all that great, especially if your not sure of what your looking at. There are far too many variables to consider when looking at a log to leave it up to automation.Use them at your own risk, one small mistake, and your toast.

Guest LilBambi

Very, very true!And you will see that we have at several Highlanders here who are very good at reading HJT logs.For one in particular, as you may have noticed from a recent thread of epp_b's, TeMerc himself has great instincts and experience in reading HJT logs. :'(

I'll add something that I just learned, on the off-chance that it might help someone else. Run a HijackThis log now while your computer is working fine and check the option to ignore these entries in the future. When you run it again when a suspected problem shows up, the log file will be much smaller because all the previous safe entries will be ignored!

• 2 months later...

Personally, I would be a bit leary of someone unknown. Has this person attended any of the major HJT schools? Does this person have access to the developers who create special fixes for the latest infections? There is so much more to cleaning an infected machine these days than merely using HJT. In addition to LandzDown Forum and TeMerc Internet Countermeasures, which are both staffed by trained analysts as well as members of ASAP, I would recommend using an ASAP member site for HJT log analysis. (Just click the ASAP link in my signature. :thumbsup: )

Guest LilBambi

I have to agree that Expert HiJackThis Log Analysis is really the best way to go .. it's not the same as sitting down at a computer and working on it.When you do it online through a forum, you really need someone on the other end that can not only do the work but will be able to 'see' what's going on when they are not able to really see the computer and what it's doing.And more importantly, be able to tell you exactly what to do to get the job done ... remotely....without killing your computer's OS for you in the process. ;)It's not as easy as it seems. :mellow:

Edited by LilBambi

I'll add something that I just learned, on the off-chance that it might help someone else. Run a HijackThis log now while your computer is working fine and check the option to ignore these entries in the future. When you run it again when a suspected problem shows up, the log file will be much smaller because all the previous safe entries will be ignored!

This is an excellent tip ! ! Thanx zlim...patio. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
This is an excellent tip ! ! Thanx zlim...patio. :drooling:
I have never seen this tip anywhere on the web - even when I started to study the HJT trade (I've subsequently dropped out because of eye problems). But, it should be a must for all systems! Thanks zlim!