Tweak now reg cleaner

jct883

I ran Tweak Now Reg Cleaner 2.0.8 and it came up with 7 entries as unknown in the legend box. I don't know if I should delete them or not. I don't even know what they are. Can somebody help and tell me what they are. My system sure has slowed down in the past month. have done spy-bot, ad-ware and it shows clean. last resort Reg clean. Thanks for any help!ADMWPROX.DLL (there are 5 of these)recncl.dll (1 of these)deskpan.dll (1 of these)They all have the prefix: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid{a lot of numbers} and then ADMWPROX.DLL or the other two.

Edited by jct883

I'm not familiar with this particular registry cleaner but your results usually indicate an orphan file - the registry entry is there but there is no file.Any reg cleaner worth it's salt should allow you to move these entries to to an "undo" file. If you delete them and it hoses your system you can go back and undo the deletion.

Guest LilBambi

jct883,Since you noted that your computer has really slowed down recently. I think it is quite possible that there may still be something in the spyware genre on the computer.Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D are great programs (they are in my weekly arsenal) and they can definitely get things that other spyware cleaners miss, however, there are other options that you might want to try first before arbitrarily removing anything from the registry.I would suggest using either the trial version of either of the following award winning spyware cleaners:Webroot's Spy SweeperSunbelt's CounterSpyOr at a minimum, the free:Microsoft's AntiSpyware (BETA) (although it doesn't get as many things as either of these two trial products.NOTE: MS AntiSpyware can't be run in conjunction with Sunbelt's CounterSpy because they are based on the same spyware detection and removal engine.AND running either of these two windows cleaner programs:Free CCleanerOr a trial version of Webroot's award winning WindowWasher.They might just help you get to the root of the slowdown on your computer.If they do not, please let us know, there are other steps that could be taken on a surgical basis using HiJackThis! that could help.

Edited by LilBambi

• 1 month later...
I ran Tweak Now Reg Cleaner 2.0.8 and it came up with 7 entries  as unknown in the legend box. I don't know if I should delete them or not. I don't even know what they are. Can somebody help and tell me what they are. My system sure has slowed down in the past month. have done spy-bot, ad-ware and it shows clean. last resort Reg clean. Thanks for any help!ADMWPROX.DLL (there are 5 of these)recncl.dll  (1 of these)deskpan.dll  (1 of these)They all have the prefix: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid{a lot of numbers} and then ADMWPROX.DLL or the other two.

HiI was getting the same entries.Those files come with Windows XP SP1. They are some system files. Most probably those entires are broken links to those files. If you have the provision to take backup using TweakNow, then you can remove those entries.I deleted the entries through TweakNowReg Cleaner Standard 2.0.9.0.No bad effects. Everything fine. TweakNow RegCleaner has RESTORE function if you ned to get back the deleted items.Nariman