OS X 10.4.2 Update

Scot

I read a news brief about 10.4.2 being released last week, but I've had not time whatsoever to even turn on my Mac in the last week. Anyone who has installed it who can talk about it?

I read a news brief about 10.4.2 being released last week, but I've had not time whatsoever to even turn on my Mac in the last week. Anyone who has installed it who can talk about it?

I think that "news brief" was a ThinkSecret article or something about a new internal prerelease test version being seeded. As far as I know, 10.4.1 is the latest. (That being said, I haven't quite ordered my first Mac yet, but I have been keeping up. :w00t: )Unless news of it somehow escaped my favorite news sites, among them Slashdot, where anything Apple releated is now front-page news. Several times a day. Especially if it's remotely related to Intel. (Formerly Slashdot was an IEBlog mirror. Now at least they're moving a way from that.)

10.4.1 was released only a week or two after Tiger shipped. Apparently, 10.4.2 still hasn't been released. I did a search for 10.4.2 at MacFixIt (which I love, but not for "beta news"), and came up with nothing. But a whole bunch of sites, including Mac Rumors, Think Secret, OSNews have reported this. Most of them attribute AppleInsider:http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1129http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1100If you use Tiger, this appears to be a relatively significant minor release. See linked articles.-- Scot