Michael Jackson

Neil P

You mean there was other news today? I think they even cancelled the weather report to cover that. :'(

As the saying goes "reasonable doubt". I'm not saying if I had kids I'd let them party at Neverland unsupervised, but then again I'd like to think I'll be a responsible parent.

You mean there was other news today?  I think they even cancelled the weather report to cover that.  :hmm:

Hopefully after about.....a month (being optimistic here) the coverage of this will die down :'(

oh boy, I can see future trouble for this thread since it is a very emotional topic when it comes to protecting our kids from the peds.I didn't follow the trial and I don't know how well each side presented their case. I figured it would be hard to nail a person of his status and he would go free. The only thing I am gonna say is that there seems to be a lot of weird thinking in Jackson's head when it comes to kids.

You mean there was other news today?  I think they even cancelled the weather report to cover that.  :hmm:

Shucks, we had a tornado warning pre-empted by the verdict. :hmm: I guess it was far more important..... :'(

Mothers don't let your children, grow up to be cowboysor go anywhere near Neverland never ever... wackyjacky.jpgEdit: typo ;)

Edited by Plukaduk

i had heard that some TV special gave a tour of the neverland ranch, and the most peculiar (suspicious...) thing was that he has a silent alarm in his bedroom to alert him of anyone approaching :w00t:

I guess we were the only ones (Minnesotans that is) that didn't get slammed with the news. I was listening to the radio all day at work and didn't find out until a salesman told me at almost 9 pm (central). Of course from 7 pm on we had on MPR (Minnesota Public Radio) so that is probably a big part of it.

:hmm: :hmm: :D :D ........Somewhere,,, in a galaxy far removed, a borg cube is withouts its philosophical counsler ..
[temmu folds up titanium soap box, which fits neatly in his trouser pocket.][the wind rustles a few leaves along the ground as the crowd disperses...]
a message was sent via the subspace intergallatic medium ..........

What I find curious about the whole thing is that while it appears celebrity can get you acquited (Simpson, Blake, Jackson), that only seems true for actors. Sport celebrities are often convicted, as are "social" celebrities (think Enron). So it would seem just being well-known does not assure you of getting off, but what field you well-known in does.Or then again, perhaps our judicial system really works, and the evidence to establish guilt of the charges presented just wasn't there. Not having been on the jury and not having heard all the evidence presented, I can't say for sure.

Guest LilBambi

Yes, just because he got off on all charges because the evidence was either not there or the witnesses' testimony irreparably invalidated by very good, flashy lawyers, doesn't mean he's innocent.After that fiasco we may never know the truth. Sad.

What I find curious about the whole thing is that while it appears celebrity can get you acquited (Simpson, Blake, Jackson), that only seems true for actors.  Sport celebrities are often convicted, as are "social" celebrities (think Enron).  So it would seem just being well-known does not assure you of getting off, but what field you well-known in does.Or then again, perhaps our judicial system really works, and the evidence to establish guilt of the charges presented just wasn't there.  Not having been on the jury and not having heard all the evidence presented, I can't say for sure.

But one thing you have to consider, all 3 of those cases were tried in California. Nuff said. :)