Forums Outage? Please Read

Scot

Our webhost has completed our move from one server to another. They have asked me to repoint the DNS to the new server's IP address, and I have done that. It appears they're leaving the old server up for a while, so if we're lucky, we will have no service disruption. If, however, they pull the plug on the old server, some of you may suddenly lose access to the forums, while others of you will have no difficulty at all. It's your own ISP that controls that. Some ISPs update their domain name tables faster than others. The period of time for the whole Internet to be updated is usually quoted as about 3 days. (Some companies say 2-5 days, but in my experience, it's rarely longer than 3 days.)If the old server stays up and running for at least three days, we'll all be fine. If not, some of us will have difficulty getting to the forums, but it will be a temporary problem. Eventually you'll be able to get back on. Send email to webmaster@scotsnewsletter.com if you're having difficulties.The DNS change was made at 9AM ET on Wednesday, June 8.-- Scot