IPB Security Update (10 May 2005)

havnblast

It has come to our attention that there is a potential vulnerability present in IPB 1.3.x and IPB 2.0.xAs part of our ongoing effort to improve security we have released a security update.This update affects two files "sources/post.php" and "sources/lib/usercp_functions.php".Post and fix at IPB

I noticed you were reading that at the same time I was. The Internet is getting smaller every day. :P IPB irritates me at times. I can log into the forum there just fine, but trying to log into the downloads section won't work. It would seem the same user name and password would work across their entire operation, but I guess not. Now I've got to log into Xandros and get my license number so I can contact them and ask what gives. Grrr. B)

I agree I don't agree with their business practices and how they treat non customers, but that is a whole new can of worms not for here.Just keeping Scot up to date - trying to help out