KaZaA

shusha

I recently needed to install KaZaA in order to complete an assignment for a class that I am taking. I was about to unistall it when I noticed a comment from Scott that uninstalling this could cause some problems. Do you know how I can safely uninstall this program without losing my settings and otherwise messing up my PC Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There was a thread here on forum with suggestions on how to rid of the pest.It comes down to two tools, Adaware and Spybot.Spybot gets it at once where adaware gets rid of it but after reboot you have to scan it again with Adware and only then use your internet connection.This is all if I remember correctly.Do a search on forum and you will find the thread for sure.

Guest LilBambi

Welcome shusha!Yes, lots of threads with references to KaZaA, many of which are about how to remove it and the spyware it installs.Here's just one of these threads to get you started:Poll: Spyware

Thank you both I will install these programs before uninstalling. BTW the version that I have is KaZaA LiteI don't know if that makes a difference

Guest LilBambi

Yes, it would make a difference as far as spyware goes.As long as you don't allow KaZaA to do any updates, KaZaA Lite is not supposed to install any spyware so you should be fine on that account.Just be careful regardless. It's still can be a dangerous thing opening your computer to sharing with folks you don't even know and inviting files onto your computer, and punching holes in your firewall.Would strongly suggest running your AV software on any files you get before actually playing them to keep as safe as possible.

Guest LilBambi

SpyBot S&D and Ad-aware are great programs to have in your utility arsenol regardless of whether you need it for KaZaA. I unpdate them and run them once a week like I do full virus scans once a week after updates as a precaution.Being on the Internet all the time you can't be too careful ;)

I just installed and ran both programs and I was amazed at the amount of junk I had (not to mention the enormous amount of cookies). Hopefully I am now in better shape. I do update my AV weekly sometimes for often since it is automatic. I have it set to scan all new software and email.Thank you for your very useful advice. I am new to this forum and I love it already!