TB Address Book

bjf123

A coworker's PC is in the process of dying. He'd like to get his address book saved before the system totally crashes. He can't get Thunderbird to start, so he can't use the export function. What file should he look for to save? He's running Win ME. :)

Guest LilBambi

Sorry to hear that..it's always a hard time when something like that happens.Under: C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\[numbered directory]\[username possibly default]find the abook.mab file and back that up.I usually just copy the entire profile numbered directory to a zip file and burn to disk, or just burn that entire profile directory to a CDR. That way they would have whatever was there and can copy/paste back into the new profile dir as needed.If they reinstall WinME it will be in the same location after opening Thunderbird for the first time.If they are moving to WinXP see the Mozilla Thunderbird FAQ for migration of existing profiles, mail, etc. It's not hard. I have done it on my computer and for others.Mozilla Thunderbird FAQ:http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq

Under: C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\[numbered directory]\[username possibly default]
The path wasn't quite the same syntax, but he was able to find it. Thanks.
If you go into the address book, there is an option to export the addressbook to a CSV file.
That might have worked if he was able to get the program started. It just wouldn't load.

Guest LilBambi

Hmmm, that's where it was located on my Win98SE computer which should have been similarly laid out to ME.Oh, well at least he found it. B)