a couple of questions

georgeg4

first question is about firefox . i am still using version 9.3 and i want to upgrade . can i do so without removing the older version . if not how should i save my bookmarks etc .second is there a way to make firefox my default browser so it will open instaed of konqueror when clicking on a link .oops i think i hit the submit button once too often

Edited by georgeg4

Hi GeorgeGet this one: http://mozilla.mirrors.tds.net/pub/mozilla...ox-1.0.2.tar.gz( version 1.0.2, the latest :unsure: )And follow the instructions here: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...14&t=503&st=120I know you want to keep your bookmarks but the version of FF you have now is pretty old . . . so Export the bookmarks to your home, and after that, just to be sure it gets a clean start delete the /home/george/.mozilla/firefox directory ;):dl-blue: Bruno

thanks bruno everything went just fine and it imported the bookmarks perfectly .just one note though , perhaps it is a carryover from windows " at times these upgrades and reinstalls of apps dont go so easy in windows " so what i do is rename the folder to old firefox and then install the new one . that way if there is any problems you still have the old version to fall back on . it can be deleted later after everything is working properly .now to the second part of my question is there any way one can make firefox the default browser " as you can do in windows "instead of opening konquerer when clicking on links . not that there is anything wrong with konquerer but it sometimes is a minor problem when bookmarking those links . you have to transfer them from one to the other .

George.....There was a thread here in ATL with that same question...... do a search, and you should easily be able to find it. Use firefox and default as your search terms.;)Adam