3rd Year Already? Wow!

havnblast

Wow - where has the time gone? Sheesh I am getting old.In the time period I have met some really great people from here and I'm happy to be apart of the community. We've had our ups and downs, but in the end it always comes out good.I do know I have been able to excel at linux in the last few years than I ever did on my own. I would of never tried all the distro that I did if it wasn't for this place. I'm happy that I have found two really great distros from all that and plan on sticking with em.This community is a daily must to get all your help and laughs. Everyone seems to really care about everyone and tries to help when they can. We've dealt with personal things with others from the forum from sickness to rebuilding a home. Where do you find another community like that?I know Scot is busy, but it would be nice to hear from him and his wife a little bit more. hint hint :drooling: I think everyone needs to give themselves a pat on the back for making this community what it is. Now, who is hosting the party?Let's Go Highlanders!!

Hurray . . . . party-time !!!Happy Birthday Highlanders !! And thanks to Scot, Arena2045 . . . . . and all others who made this possible !:drooling: Bruno

This has been quite an experience.There is so many people that I would like to thank here at theForum that have introduced me to Linux and helped along the way.Happy Birthday and all the best!

This is worth repeating:This is really a great forum! Full of helpful suggestions and real answers to your questions. How about a "Thumbs Up!" to Scot's Newsletter, Scot's Newsletter's super moderators, and the great posters that help out the newbies and the computer inept, like me!!!!!36_1_11.gif36_1_11.gif36_1_11.gif

Guest LilBambi

Happy upcoming birthday to the ScotsNewsletter Forums! :drooling: It has been a great pleasure to be a part of these forums!I wonder what Titan has planned? :w00t: :thumbsup:

nlinecomputers
I wonder what Titan has planned?
Something totally evil no doubt. He is a MACHEAD ya know. I think the die hard mac dudes think of Linux as the ugly step child. Related but not really worthy.

Thanks for a great forum to hang out. The folks provide excellent help. This might be the year that I finally sit down and work at getting to know Linux.I don't think I would have ever tried FF if not for all the info I got here.

Yeah this is a great place, I know I am here everyday just to check in, if I'm not looking for answers. Keep up the great work everyone, because it is all of you who make this a great place.

Guest Paracelsus

Happy Birthday to Us...Happy Birthday to Us...Happy Birrrrrrrrrrrrrrrth-day, Dear High-lan-derrrrrrrrrrrrrrs...Happy Birthday to Us!!!We Baked You a Birthday Cake...So if You Get a Tummy Ache...And You Moan and Groan in Woe...Don't Forget, We told You So!! :harhar:Well Folks...Quite a bit has happened since Havnblast, Arena2045, Eksimba; LabRat; Myself; and a few others, helped Scot to beta test different BB software and help push him over the edge to finally make a public launch of SNLF. ;)As most of you know..."The Man Behind the Curtain", as it were, is none other than Arena2045. Though not as public as most of the other Admins & Mods & MVPs... Arena2045 puts a lot of Blood, Sweat & Tears into keeping SNLF running smoothly :thumbsup:Personally...I've learned an enormous amount about Hardware; Software; Networking; Safe Computing; and technology in general, over the last two years.Were it not for the encouragement of many of my Highlander friends... I would probably still be using AOL and Dial-Up :P :teehee: :medic:Many of us are members of... and participate in... other BBs. But this has become my "First" home on the Web. :D

Edited by Paracelsus

Something totally evil no doubt.  He is a MACHEAD ya know. I think the die hard mac dudes think of Linux as the ugly step child.  Related but not really worthy.

Last time I checked MacOS was based on Linux, not the other way around :teehee:

nlinecomputers

No MacOS is based on BSD a version of Unix. Linux is a clone of Unix not a direct decendent. So ugly step child or half brother is more correct IMHO.

I would probably still using AOL and Dial-Up
That makes it all worthwhile. :teehee:
Arena2045 puts a lot of Blood, Sweat & Tears into keeping SNLF running smoothly
Absolutely right. More than all of us. Thank you, Mr. Wizard. clap.gif

Many happy returns SNLFI know my day is not complete without a visit to this website. This is a great community and I always feel welcome and my questions are always treated with respect and, invariably, my problems solved.Here's to many more years of Linux learning B) B) Jan

Edited by ozgeek

Happy Birthday SFNL!!!! The best forum on the web!Thanks to all that make this a wonderful place to hang otu. Particular thanks to our boss man Scot and his team of administrators. Thanks Scot, Thanks Arena, Thanks Jeber, Thanks Fran, and most important thanks to all the members that help to make it great here.

Happy birthday SNLF. Top forum, top people, thank you everyone. B) Have a birthday drink on me :lol: th_glenfiddich_30.jpgEdit: Fixed the dialup problem. :lol:

Edited by Plukaduk

securitybreach

Happy Birthday SNLF!! Thanks to everyone for all the help. This is one of my first sites I hit everyday. I went from Mandrake to Slackware in just a few months thanks to ATL. Thanx for all the help in a greater understanding of Linux.

linuxdude32

Happy 2nd BirthdaySNLF!Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this. But I'm curious how everyone happened upon this forum whether through a link, a search engine, a friend or the newsletter. I discovered this great forum because Peachy had posted a link to an article written by one of LUG members and I saw that traffic in the website logs. I visited just to thank him and others for visiting and I'm still here! B) :DCongratulations Scot, Bruno, Teacher and the other mods! You guys are the BEST!