Merriam-Webster

siebkens

But not Netscape 8.  ;)

Ack! Kill it! Netscape 8 is frightening. Also, I believe it defaults to MSHTML, but includes Gecko (seems strange to me), which seems pretty stupid to me.Hendikins, the guy who runs plugindoc, has a blog entry that picks it apart, which basically sums up how I feel about it.:w00tx100:Neil Edited by steeler_fan

Ack! Kill it! Netscape 8 is frightening.
;) In it pre-beta mode it is. I'm not sure how one takes a functioning browser and screws it up as bad as this but they have. And the concept of taking the name of a suite of functions, ie browser & email & etc, and using it on a single function entity namely a browser only seems destined to fail. But that's just my opinion.The good side of it though is it's making some current Netscape users think twice on how they will upgrade their 7.2 product when 8 is released. I may have to look at Mozilla. :harhar: :rolleyes: Edited by EdP

My very biased opinion...all I had to hear was that AOL was involved with Netscape now and that was enough. I will never put Netscape on any of my computers, just like I remove AOL from the OS when I first get a new computer.Disclaimer: no intention to offend those AOL users here. It just has never been something I liked.

It worked with NS 7.2, but I have tried twice with Firefox and while there is no indication that it failed, there is no icon on my search bar. ???Jerry

Under View>Toolbars>Customize, in the window that opens do you see an icon for the MW? I think you need to drag it up to the toolbar for it to appear. (I'm guessing here because I haven't downloaded it). I've had to do that with a few extensions I've downloaded if I want the icons to appear on the toolbar.

Edited by zlim

Under View>Toolbars>Customize, in the window that opens do you see an icon for the MW? I think you need to drag it up to the toolbar for it to appear. (I'm guessing here because I haven't downloaded it). I've had to do that with a few extensions I've downloaded if I want the icons to appear on the toolbar.

The MW icon is not there. I did not find it in start search either. Jerry