Skins on this BB

Guest Paracelsus

Guest Paracelsus

Scot!I was playing with "My Controls" earlier today and decided to change my skin to Borderline-Green(Import3) (one of the options in the Tab Down box). Well...It was kinda neat until I posted my "Three Cheers for Our Moderators" thread. I had chosen a big grin :) for the thread Emoticon (an option in "Borderline-Green(Import3)")... But after I logged off the Forum (Custom Skin only shows when you're logged-in)...The Emoticon was the "I'm Gonna Be Sick" Green Face!!! :) :P :) Turns out, these Emoticons are in the same position of their respective skins. The one I chose only shows when "Borderline-Green(Import3)" is active. Otherwise the Emoticon and the same position for the standard skin shows.OMG!!! Only glad I caught this before Stryder, ThunderRiver and Arena2045 started wondering What the *#%$@! does this guy mean with the Puke Face :) B) Definately NOT the impression I was trying to make.I think you may want to NIX "Borderline-Green(Import3)" (I wonder if the guys who put it together know about this)GDM!!!... I was so MAD I put this in the wrong area. Meant to post this in "Bugs" (Can one of you guys move this for me???)

I just realized over the weekend that if you change emoticons that this would happen. In fact, were I to add any emoticons at all, I would be knocking out others, and the new ones would replace the old ones automatically all over the board. I thought that a pretty bad idea and decided to live with the existing set.Now I'm faced with the dilemma of whether to knock out the Borderline Green skin. Probably should, although it's certain to be some people's default skin.Appreciate the word.-- Scot

Guest Paracelsus

My Bad <_< , Scot,Yes!... Of course I meant "Borderline-Green(Import3)". I was just so hacked over it! You Know, saying something nice, while having an image of opposite Entendre can easily be misinterpreted :o And I was just getting ready for the long commute home when I posted. (Why this post back took a while)I liked Borderline-Green(Import3)... But won't use it if the Emoticons are not fully cross-linked with the same in others. After all, even though those of use who get to understand each other may be able to use a mild Tease with each other... Emoticons are meant for what they are. If one gets a Puke Face when a Big Grin is intended... What might happen if a Mad/Angry is exchanged for a LOLI take the Tag Line in my signature seriously... Historically, a great deal of Human Confilict has fulminated from innocent misunderstandings.I'm probably over analyzing this. But as an Analytical Chemist... It's how I pay the rent ;)BTW - I changed all the references to this skin in my original post.

Guest Paracelsus

My Apologies :o :( Ok, Folks...I've calmed down a bit since 4:30pm CST this afternoon. It was a wee bit of a shock... and I was quite concerned about the possibility of being misunderstood if the original Emoticon had gone unnoticed.I realize I made a "Mountain fo a Mole Hill" <_< ...And would appreciate if one of the Mods would just put a lock on this thread, or at least change the Thread " ;) " and all caps, to something less provocative. :( :(

Paracelsus,My good friend, LOL, we all have such moments… Remember I had one just recently. Your post however has provided a valuable insight into a possible conflict with 3rd party (non-default based) skins for IPB forums.Per your request, I’ve edited the topic’s title from CAPS to lower case, and have closed this topic.I’m unable to change the emoticons associated with the topic.