evolution mail

gauchoperezoso

Brilliant GauchoAll you need now is a few free and fancy email addresses, you can try your Yahoo.com.ar but 99% chance it is only web-based email and does not have pop access. ( Or you have to pay extra ) Hotmail is no good either !What you will have to Google for is free dial-up access accounts in Argentina, they all have pop access ( and as a service also web-based for if you are "on the road" in an internet-cafe ). I know a few Dutch and German ones, but if you don't speak Dutch or German it is real hard to subscribe.So Google for free dial-up accounts ( in Spanish ) . . and subscribe . . at the end you will see the email address you did choose and the pop-server address, print that out and you are set for the next round in Evolution :DLike I said before. if you have a few addresses set up in Evolution we can switch the default one you use to one of the fancy ones.:) BrunoPS: Does Chello not allow you to make extra email addresses like gaucho<at>chello.pl ?? Most ISPs let you make up to 4 or 6 extra "aliasses" that look nicer then the default one they assign to you.

gauchoperezoso

i think that they let me create up to 5 accounts so not that bad, but like i said i wont be able to use them on any other computer than mine.i might google for some other one then but first i have a problem with the one on chello.the thing is i cant receive mails :) . i can send without problems but then i dont receive nothing exceptr for a welcoming mail from evolution.i know for sure that my pop address is the one i entered but when i click on send/receive in evolution it says:server: pop.chello.pl , type pop ... waiting...my smtp is complete. i dont know why .this is extract from my internet provider website:

Mail server pop3: pop.chello.pl Mail server smtp: mail.chello.pl Ftp server: ftp.chello.pl

but like i said i wont be able to use them on any other computer than mine
Why would that be ?? They have web-mail at chello too . . . so you can log in to see your mail at any time.There must be something you misconfigured . . . I guess it is the login or password for the pop-server.Sometimes the login is just DonaldDuck and sometimes it is DonaldDuck@chello.pl . . Send yourself a mail . . . check on www.chello.pl in your webmail if it is actually there . . . then reconfigure your pop settings just as long as you need to receive the message.NOTE: on the tab "receiving mail" ( wizard Evolution ) there is only the host name "pop.chello.pl" and the login name ( DonaldDuck@chello.pl ) . . . the Use Secure Connection"should be set to "Never" . . and the password box should be ticked.You use the same username and password here then you do for the webmail at chello.plB) Bruno

gauchoperezoso

only now have i understood how it really works,or so i think.i didnt know that it has to be the same emiail i have at my internet proivder's website.i had no idea it worked like that.i called chello to find out what my password is as i used my email account only once i think and introduced some word picked at random as a password.now i think it should work now i know all the details :D thank you Bruno :thumbsup:

LOL . . . the problem is that most providers give you a CD that automatically sets up your accounts in Windows . . . . . and that way people never get to know how it really works . . . . . ( because actually in Windows it works exactly the same if you configure it by "hand" and not with a CD or a program Chello lets you download. )Internet providers like to keep people dumb because they then know for sure that you will not "mess" with it and set up other accounts as well :DB) Bruno

Hi everyone!Just a few details to add to Bruno, if I may.I guess I was lucky enough when I started using the internet to have an ISP that prefered supporting Netscape (I think I started with the 2.0 v) and that my machine was a custome made so that I had to learn the routine of setting up an internet account right from the beginning (which is not that difficult by the way).I just want to share my experience of installing Evolution (which I did this morning) in Mandrake 10.1 in case it can help another explorer. I had no problem installing it using RPM but probably because I didn't reboot Drake after the installation I couldn't see it anywhere so I did a File search. I found some entries and clicked on the one that looked the most logical (/usr/bin/evolution-2.0). I didn't realized at that point that it was a read-only type of file or folder. So I went through the whole motion of setting up my account. Once I was finished I opened Evolution and clicked on the Send/Receive tab and was told that Evolution couldn't reach the server. Since I had the Find File window still open but diminished I looked for another file and noticed they were all read-only. So I opened a konsole and did a "chmod". Then I redid the Setting wizard and I couldn't connect still. Which brings me to Bruno's point. I went into Tools/Settings/Mail (or Users ?) account clicked on my user account and checked all my settings and discovered that my user name which I had set as DonaldTrump@ns.sympatico.ca was set only to DonaldTrump. Once I had that changed I could retrieve my mail.P.S. Sorry Bruno but Donaldduck is too cheap for me. Lool!

P.S. Sorry Bruno but Donaldduck is too cheap for me. Lool!
. . . . . :thumbsup: :D . . . . You are the king of the multi-names Ronald . . eh . . Rene . . or Réjean . . or is it Romeo . . . and now it is Donald ???:D Bruno

Hi Julia! lovely teacher!This is roland alias real alias rene alias rejean alias-to-be romeo alias donald and finally alias valentino wishing you and the special person in your life a very happy and romantic evening. Ok! Ok! If you had one last night have another one!...Speaking of split of personnalities I remember this little Valentine poem which my brother-in-law sent to my wife and made us laught so much:

Roses are red, violets are blueI am schrizophrenic and so am I
love you all! Edited by réjean

GauchoGreat! That is absolutely wonderful. :thumbsup: I am so glad you have it working.réjeanThank you so much. My valentine took time out of his busy schedule to drive me all the way 5 hours away to a conference on Sunday and then drive me home Monday night after it was over. B) That was the best present I could get because I really don't care to do a lot of driving at night. B)