What is it with pizza places anyway?

ross549

I am really starting to get frustrated....... the pizza places that deliver to my area seem to not want to take my money.Earlier this week (or last weekend... I don't remember) I got a coupon in the mail for a pizza joint that delivered to my area. I called them and placed an order. Everything seemed to be in order. An hour later, I wondered what was going on, but knowing the way those places run (especially here), I knew that delivery times in the hour and a half range were not uncommon. Not a big deal so I waited a bit longer. After the two hour mark, I was really starting to be irritated. I finally called them to find out what happened. Turns out the delivery guy's car broke down, and the had finally decided to send him out in the cook's car. The lady apologized profusely, and said I would be getting a couple of discount coupons for the next time I ordered. She said that the delivery should be there no later then a half-hour, as the car had just left. OK, I thought... not a problem. I am a very patient person. So I waited. Again, for another hour. Finally frustrated, I called them again. They said they had attempted delivery to my apartment, and it was refused. I said I had not heard a knock on my door, and the phone had not rung. On piled the excuses:1. My cell phone is not local, and thier system does not allow long distance calls. Yeah right. :thumbsdown:2. I am in Apartment #103. Right. I told them when I ordered, I made sure I had them repeat it back to me, and they said Apt 203. :thumbsdown:3. I live on some other street than hilton. See Above. :thumbsdown:Fast forward to today. I have been busy all day, and I had another mailing for PIzza Hut's new dipping strips pizza, which looks yummy (AKA fattening :P ), so I decided to place an order. I called the place that Google Local placed as being closest to me (two streets down). When I got ahold of a human, he informed me that they do not deliver to my area, and I should call XXX other location. That place is about 10 miles away!Well, I can call them.... it does not matter to me that much anyway. When I did call them, the line was so scratchy that the extremely unhelpful lady on the other end of the line could hardly be heard. She insisted that she did not need my Chicago area code, and said the normal part of the number would be enough. I tried to explain that my number was not local. She refused to listen to me. Once I started to give her my address, she hung up on me.Well, Pizza Hut just lost my business, as well as the other place I tried to order from earlier.Why in the world dod they not want my money? :angry:

Quit messing with junk pizza. Get in your car. Head north on 64. Take Cross over 17 and take the exit. Look for an Italian place on your left. Go past and at the next crossing point turn around and come back. Pull in to Joe and MiMi's. Once you taste their pizza, breadsticks, etc. you will never settle for the other stuff again. I got hooked on theirs when I was stationed at Langley over years ago. In fact I went to Italy from Langley and came back realizing they were the closest to real "Italian" food around. :P Even Jen insists on going there every time she comes back home. :angry:

Guest Paracelsus
I think it boils down to poor help - try asking for a manager or something?
I Agree!!The losers that work there don't care.You need to report these things to the manager (chain) or owner (local).They don't have a clue

Fast forward to today. I have been busy all day, and I had another mailing for PIzza Hut's new dipping strips pizza, which looks yummy (AKA fattening  ), so I decided to place an order. I called the place that Google Local placed as being closest to me (two streets down).
Logic tells me that you should have just walked there and back yourself for some excersize to counteract those delicious calories B) :thumbsup: :D :P

Try Pizza Hut's Online ordering.Although that wouldn't solve the problem of them actually delivering it! :PBest Pizza Hut I've been to or used was in Denver (Hampden Ave).Most places stink...the one in PA- we never used again because once we were sitting there for over an hour waiting for our order...in swooshes the nephew of the manager (or some such relative) and HE gets served immediately! Nepotism at its finest... B)

Guest Paracelsus

I wrote off Pizza Hut a long time ago. Had one experience like FD's while traveling years ago...And three fouled deliveries. The last straw was when they delivered three Pizzas (I had some friends over) and two of them looked very odd. It took a few "What's Wrong With This Picture" moments, but we realized...There was Nothing!! on the crust but oil! :angry: :pirate:No sauce...No cheese...No toppings...Nada B) :thumbsdown:I was too PO'd to make a stink about it, and fortunately, I had some good stuff in the fridge and two small cans of Tomato Paste. So I used them like a Bobolli crust and made my own.That was strike three for Pizza Hut.

Edited by Paracelsus

Martini Lover

I once ordered a "HAND TOSSED" pizza at Pizza Hut. The waitress came back to tell me they were out of hand tossed. Figure that one out. I said "Can't you have someone "hand toss" one? She said no, the person who ran the machine in back wasn't there.Well DUH.

I once ordered a "HAND TOSSED" pizza at Pizza Hut.  The waitress came back to tell me they were out of hand tossed.  Figure that one out.  I said "Can't you have someone "hand toss" one?  She said no, the person who ran the machine in back wasn't there.Well DUH.
Was she blonde? B)

Man what is the deal with Pizza Hut? They use to be like number 1 in my book, but now I think their pizza is gross and Dominoes has them beat. Papa Murphys pizza is another favorite also, pick it up, toss it in the oven and mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.Now I'm hungry for pizza

Try a local mom and pop pizza shop. Out here in Alberta we have all the chains but a local take-out and delivery owned by a Greek family makes the best pizza.Now if they would only deliver beer too.

:thumbsup: :hmm: :w00t: ................If I recall correctly a "Salty Dog" is a mixed drink ... I think it has grapefruit juice in it ... I should google that o be sure ...................... :w00t: :o :o :o (Oh no) a possible fact in the Water cooler ..

:thumbsup:  :hmm:  :w00t: ................If I recall correctly a "Salty Dog" is a mixed drink ... I think it has grapefruit juice in it ...  I should google that o be sure  ......................   :w00t:  :o  :o  :o (Oh no) a possible fact in the Water cooler ..
Salty Dog Recipe 015 oz Grapefruit Juice1 ½ oz Gin¼ tsp SaltPour all ingredients over ice cubes in a highball glass. Stir well and serve. (Vodka may be substituted for gin, if preferred.)9% (18 proof)Serve in: Highball GlassSalty Dog Recipe 023 oz fresh Grapefruit Juice4 oz Vodka1 pinch Powdered Sugar4 - 6 Ice CubesCombine the grapefruit juice, vodka, sugar and 4 or 5 ice cubes in a mixing glass, and stir gently with a bar spoon to dissolve the sugar and combine the ingredients. Strain into a chilled wine glass. Add 1 ice cube to the wineglass if desired.22% (44 proof)Serve in: White Wine Glass Edited by Plukaduk