Microsoft Gets into the Action.

JackR

Details of the Microsoft solution beyond the planned beta, including product plans, pricing and a timeline for delivery, are not yet available.
Pricing? Isn't Windows expensive enough as it is? (So I guess that now AOL & Windows users ought to be the most secure people on the Internet. :P )

I guess we never heard of it since it is a $29.99 product, and we are spoiled with Free.The site of the developer is of No value at the moment since they are in a process of changing due to the acquisition.The program has nice clean easy interface.I keep very clean I first scanned with:1. Ad-aware, it reported Nothing but few useless MRU keys.2. SpyBot came Up with 10 legitimate complains.3. Giant scanned faster than the two above and came up with 9 warnings most are real.When you point to a "Bad File" entry there is a nice window with good explanation about the nature of the troubled fie. It is a good feature that is missing from the other programs especially for people who can Not make decision about the "Junk" entries. AntiSpyware (Sep. 04) Screen Shot.Is it better for pro? May Be. At least in my humble test it is in par with what we are used too.Ad-Aware and Spybot included the updates of the last few days.Giant Data Base is from Sep. :">

Edited by JackR

Reasonable considering they deserve a good deal of blame that this crap is on people's machines via IE and ActiveX. Now maybe they can take the spyware out of Hotmail (when you click on a URL in Hotmail, that information is sent to Microsoft and then you're redirected to the actual link).

Reasonable considering they deserve a good deal of blame that this crap is on people's machines via IE and ActiveX. Now maybe they can take the spyware out of Hotmail (when you click on a URL in Hotmail, that information is sent to Microsoft and then you're redirected to the actual link).
You use Hotmail with your Linux system!! ;) Interesting. :D

You use Hotmail with your Linux system!! :'( Interesting.  :o
I've used Hotmail way back before Microsoft took it over. It's my junk account. However, I copy the address in the URL and then paste it in a new window so Microsoft can't keep track of what sites I've visited. Not sure how that's relevant. I use Windows XP, too. Sue me. :D

it looks like the giant comapny has removed it and all links to download it from other sites are dead. i also saw it priced at  $29.95 http://www.softdepia.com/giant_antispyware...load_15063.html
The trial of the program in the link bellow was licensed from Giant it has the same engine and very similar interface.Has a more updated Data Base and seems to be much more sensitive than Spybot.Link to: http://www.download.com/CounterSpy/3000-8022_4-10337359.html :D Edited by JackR

This is not all the the shoulders of MS...My daughter likes "cute" things, like mouse cursors... these seemingly cute things are loaded with crap! Piggy backing on legitamate software... I don't hear about folks going out on the Web to specificly look for Adware/Malware. Download WeatherBug and you get a load of crap! You get Weather Bug all right plus whatever else they have thrown in to generate money for themselves and others...This is all about money... everyone wants a piece of your surfing and your eyeballs...

This is all about money...
Yup. If you want to blame Microsoft for the problem you have to include the pc makers and the people who buy pcs and the people that create the the ads and the websites that display them and oh yeah, the people who click on the ads and install them. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LilBambi

Paul Thurrott did a great job on the review. Especially getting Giant's perspective.I like the program. I am using it but not as an autoupdate or autorun type of thing. I run it like I do any other Spyware removal program. I update and run it at least once a week, weekly if there are no issues, more if there are oddities that I see.I also remove all files in all temp folders and temporary internet folders once a day .. that is automated through Eraser and I manually look every few days to remove anything that it couldn't remove for some reason.I am glad that Microsoft is trying to take this on. I just hope they don't let their own personal vendors through the net.I have seen several items removed recently from Ad-Aware. I am not sure I like that. I have seen SpyBot S&D remove several items from their default settings due to spyware companies trying to sue them. I don't think any one spyware removal program will ever be enough. And there are many tools out there to help with this ever growing problem. Many are free and are targeted to specific spyware/malware problems.It is about the money. Everyone does want a piece of each of you and control over your computer. We always have to be mindful of this.Using a safer browser also will help with this spyware/malware/parasite problem. I rarely use IE anymore because if it.