Recorders ??

longgone

This has not a thing to do with computers. This is my question and it had to do with the recorders that hook up to your TV's so that you can record TV shows for later viewing ..... My TV reception is broadcast off-the-air type reception so could I use one of those units to record with an off-the-air signal or is tht not possible and it only works with cable.

V.T. Eric Layton

Hey Dale...

Are you familiar with the PCTV system? I'm not. I don't know anything about them, but I have a brand new one sitting out in my shop. You want it?

V.T. Eric Layton

Dale,

You would need a DVR that has a digital tuner. Your TV does NOT have video outputs; only inputs. You'd need a way to get the signal to the DVR. If you don't have a cable box with video outputs, you need a DVR that can tune the channels directly from your antenna; the same way the old VCRs used to do. These DVRs are available, but they're substantially more expensive than just the standard recorders with no tuners included.

Along with the device I mention above, I also have a brand new one of these:

WinTV - HVR 1800 --> http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hvr1800b.html

This is a device that installs in your computer and has its own TV tuner. You can watch and record TV right on your computer. This might be the device that would help you.

The price is right. You reimburse me for shipping and you can have one or both of them. :)