If you are using Firefox, Flashgot, and Aria

mhbell

If You are using a download manager such as Aria with Flashgot in Firefox, A word of caution. I learned this the hard way. Aria and some of the other Download managers have a 2 Gigabyte file limitation. another words, you can only download a 2 Gigabyte iso or file using them. I was trying to download Sabayan which is a 4.2 gig ISO file. I tried all night long and kept wondering why it would download 1.2 GB or more (when I last Looked) and the next time I looked, it was starting over again. I thought there must be an error in the file and it deleted it and started over. I finally downloaded it with Transmission Torrent. I found out this morning about the 2 Gigabyte Limitation while reading a installation Doc on Fedora website. At least they warn you.Mel B)

Edited by mhbell

That's an unpleasant glitch! B) I use Flashgot with "wget" and it works fine. Just d/led the recent Musix 1.0R6 at 2.4GB - no problem.Another unpleasant problem occurs if you try to save a file to a FAT partition. It will stop at 4GB due to max filesize limit. "wget" can also be used to resume a file that hasn't completed, even from another d/l manager. Just use the same URL (and same directory of course) with the -c option. ;)

That's an unpleasant glitch! B) I use Flashgot with "wget" and it works fine. Just d/led the recent Musix 1.0R6 at 2.4GB - no problem.Another unpleasant problem occurs if you try to save a file to a FAT partition. It will stop at 4GB due to max filesize limit. "wget" can also be used to resume a file that hasn't completed, even from another d/l manager. Just use the same URL (and same directory of course) with the -c option. :(
True. Flashgot has all three of my download managers listed. Aria, Aria2, and Wget. Aria is a gui with lots of features. Aria2 uses the terminal but don't think it has the 2Gb limitation. guess I will try Wget. Thanks for the info.Mel ;)