FTP download client.

Grogerf

Hallo Folks,Back again after a very long gap :D It's been a bit of a saga with all sorts of things getting in the way of what I wanted to do :huh: - but that's life <_< Now after missing out on getting mdv 2008.1 up and running as was going to happen in this thread http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...&hl=install I've paid the subscription & I'm about to download mdv 2009 from the Australian B) :D Mandriva site :) Before I leap in here there are few bits to iron out :-1. I'm told to use an FTP client. I've got FileZilla on my machine - will this do the job? I've not used it before but it looks promising.2. Should I use the 32 bit or the 64 bit down load? My system is 64 bit, but there were a few little hiccoughs with things like Firefox and it's add-ins in the past.Looking forward to some good advice as usual :D Groger

Hi Groger1). I think Filezilla will indeed do fine, don't see any problem with that !2). I would get the 32 bits version . . . . that will make things easier ( running the 32 bits myself on a 64 bits system )<_< Bruno

Hi Groger1). I think Filezilla will indeed do fine, don't see any problem with that !2). I would get the 32 bits version . . . . that will make things easier ( running the 32 bits myself on a 64 bits system )B) Bruno
Hallo Bruno :thumbsup: Good to hear from you again :D Thanks for your reply. I'll do as you suggest and download the 32 bit version - I guess I can always use it on my wife's Eee PC if she ever wants to change the OS.Once I've done the download and burned the iso I'll be back for more advice :lol: I've learned it's best to do one step at a time!Thanks againGrogerf