Scot's Newsletter & Linux Explorer

Bruno

Scot's Newsletter & Linux Explorer, Guarding Linux Against RootkitsIn the latest edition of Scot's Newsletter the Linux Explorer part tells you about Guarding Linux Against RootkitsIf you have any questions or comments about this topic, please post them in this thread so we can discuss them.Other threads related to the latest newsletter can be found here:( Links will follow when available )Previous Linux Explorer topics from the Newsletter can be found at LinuxCluesIn the unlikely case you are not yet subscribed to the Newsletter go Here ( It's FREE :hysterical: ):thumbsup: Bruno

Guarding Linux Against Rootkits
Mmm, I think that is nice, but it would even be nicer to prevent those 'schmiruses' (thanks Scot :hysterical: ) to enter the system at all or at least have an direct indication before hand (not after the fact) that something is trying something nasty to do on the system.I think we all at ATL should post our ideas to that matter, maybe we all together could make some configuration we all use ?What do you all think about this idea?

... and rkhunter (or chkrootkit). I remember from years ago the hostsentry/portsentry combo, what happened to them ? ;)

... and rkhunter (or chkrootkit).
Yes... but I bet these would be used waaaaay more often if they came with GUI... ;)