Firefox 1.0.1 Released!

Neil P

oops I mean extensions - do they have to be reinstalled?

Shouldn't have to be. Extensions are in the profile and nothing has significantly changed in this release (I don't think they changed the Version either, which would automagically break them). Extensions should be fine.:w00tx100:Neil

Welll  .......  it  wiped  out  my  java .. had  to  redo it ...  the  shockwave and default were still  there ,,  those  are all  that  I  had.......

It left my Java intact. Must be a lucky one.

I had seen a thread on the Firefox forums that spoke to the new version terminating prematurely when searching. It was traced to doing an install (not a file copy, but a windows installer) over a .zip version.Sorry, I don't have a link to the thread handy. Anyway, I did an 1.0.1 install over a 1.0.0 install and everything worked fine, no search problems, no java lossess. Probably foolish, but I always worry about lost settings when I un-install, re-install.ymmv

I did an uninstall and install on 5 partions (98SE, ME, and 2K) without problems. I only have java on 1 of the computers and I don't remember if it still works.hours pass, I fired up the nb with java and it works fine.

Edited by zlim

friendofdot

Just read on the Firefox web site that they are releasing an auto-update on March 7. This will update Firefox without having to uninstall Firefox 1.0 and all settings will remain the same. Nice feature for those of us that recommended Firefox to relatives and friends that would have trouble doing the uninstall/reinstall.