Burning a Bootable CD for XP

dofred

I am running XP Home and sometimes edit registry items. I do backups before this but would like to be able to reboot into XP enough to run the "System Restore" utility. If/when system hangs up with faulty editing. I use Nero 5.5.10 but every method I have tried only reboots to the uSoft install CD stage of offering :-Install XP - Repair (Recovery console) or ExitThe Recovery console won't allow execution of files even if they are on the CD, so I need a reboot to a stage where activating the system32\resrore\rstrui.exe is permitted.Can this be done??? Hope somebody can help.thanks

Guest ThunderRiver

It can be done, but you don't have the utility that's required for it to happen. Windows Preinstallation Environment is the program that all OEM manufacturer uses to trouble shoot machies and pre-configure the system. However, I doubt you have access to it.My best suggestion is to for you to create a registry file that has the correct registry information and use the reg.exe command to important it into the right place. That's the best solution I have got so far.