Portable Chargers

JerryM

I bought a couple of cheap portable charges off eBay. Not too bad, but none lasted long enough to charge my Kindle without recharging. Not really a surprise considering the less than 3,000mAh.

What are your experiences with these devices and brands?l Amazon has one that has a Panasonic 3200 mAh battery lion battery for $10.99.

Thanks,

Jerry

I use one of these - http://www.mi.com/en/pb10400/

Highly recommended and cheap. It does about 3 charges for my LG G3. That's about 8 hours of intensive Ingress playing, or probably over a week of normal phone use. Ingress precludes any normal phone use for me though. :whistling:

I need to use the phone's USB charge cable though. The one that comes with the power pack only does slow charge.

• Like 1

I use one of these - http://www.mi.com/en/pb10400/

Highly recommended and cheap. It does about 3 charges for my LG G3. That's about 8 hours of intensive Ingress playing, or probably over a week of normal phone use. Ingress precludes any normal phone use for me though. :whistling:

I need to use the phone's USB charge cable though. The one that comes with the power pack only does slow charge.

That looks like a winner.

Many thanks,

Jerry

I bought a couple of cheap portable charges off eBay. Not too bad, but none lasted long enough to charge my Kindle without recharging. Not really a surprise considering the less than 3,000mAh.

What are your experiences with these devices and brands?l Amazon has one that has a Panasonic 3200 mAh battery lion battery for $10.99.

Thanks,

Jerry

I bought one that the maker claimed was 50,000mah for about $12 including shipping. I think that is certainly an optimistic claim, but it will fully charge my Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1" at least twice from about 15%. I've never attempted more. Two of it's four LED's were still lit. And it was still small and lite enough for a shirt pocket.

After reading this thread and getting an idea of how many mAH might be useful for a tablet, I bought a 6000mAH iHome unit locally for $15. It also came with the micro to USB cable and since the cables for about $5, I felt I got a bargain.

iHome_6000mAh.jpg

• Like 2