Fun with ArchBang

wa4chq

Afternoon all--

I must say I'm having fun with AB but I have to admit I'm not keeping very good notes. That is something that I really need to get in the habit of doing.

Install went fine however the only issue is grub not picking up the other OS on the hard drive. Originally I had XP and Ubuntu. Before coming out to BC I used GParted and shrunk the space Ubuntu had and intalled Mint. When I wiped out Mint and installed ArchBang grub didn't 'see' XP or Ubuntu. Anyway, I edited the grub menu and can get XP to boot but can't get U to boot. Not a biggie cuz and can mount it. I'll mess with it later. The one big issue I had/have with my ArchBang install is the fuzzy fonts in X and the LARGE fonts in console. With Slack and using LILO and could change the size of the console fonts by editing lilo.config but I'm not sure what to do here. I've booked marked a few sites and I'll deal with that later as well. The fuzzy fonts really bugged me. I went back and reread install tutorials and a few other sites talking about xorg but really didn't manage to get it to change. But I stumbled on something in a moment of desperation that really has me delightfully baffled. :drooling: Instead of booting to the standard Arch Linux, I booted the Arch Linux Fallback and to my amazement the fonts in console were perfect and when I started X, the fonts there looked nice and crisp. Now I can look and the screen and not get a headache. >_<