WeatherBug 5.02 crashes

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

Everytime I install and run WeatherBug, it shows errors upon start up and then soon crash afterwardAWSCrap.jpgAny ideas how to fix it?One thing though. The file center_loading.html is in the right directory, and buggy WeatherBug detects otherwise. Very strange.

Guest genaldar

I hate to be one of those jerks who tells you to use something else but... use Weather watcher. Its free, has no ads and gets forcasts from www.weather.com.It also is lighter on system resources. Lastly its more customizable and the guy who writes it is very good about responding to suggestions. When I started using it about a year ago I sent him an email about making multiple city support better. It took a couple of revisions (he revises a lot) but its in there now. Now when I switch zip codes I can set it to update the forcast automatically so I can see the weather here at school, at my Mom's house, at my Brother's house, friend's apartment, etc.by the way did I mention it doesn't have ads and its free?

I use Weather Bug 5.02 also but have not had any issues with WinXP. I don't use the free version though. I paid for it. I don't know if that has anything to do with your issue.I would uninstall it and reboot then try again.I had a problem downloading a correct executable once from them.Chris

Guest ThunderRiver

WeatherBug is not evil if you know how to deal it. You can use SpyBot Search and Destroy to kill the adware, and WeatherBug would still work. You can also modify your host file so you can block all the ad server, so WeatherBug doesn't display ads.Now, the problem actually occurs when I installed WeatherBug on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server. I guess most IT doesn't do that to a server, but I did it anyway since it is my home LAN server (yes my own server, not company server). Since last time I posted the thread, I already moved to WeatherWatcher, but I never really get used to the splash screen on start up. It is just a bit irritating I guess.Anyway, thanks for all suggestions. WeatherWatcher it is.. for Windows 2003 Server family

Guest ThunderRiver

genaldar, I was talking about WeatherWatcher, not WeatherBug. You can obviously minimize WeatherBug on startup, but not WeatherWatcher. Perhaps, I can use ResHack to get rid of the splash screen.

Guest genaldar

In weatherwatcher to elimate the splashscreen you just have to have it minimize on start up. Like my earlier post said (I haven't used that spyware known as weatherbug in a long long time).

Guest ThunderRiver
In weatherwatcher to elimate the splashscreen you just have to have it minimize on start up.  Like my earlier post said (I haven't used that spyware known as weatherbug in a long long time).
I always choose minimize on start up, but the splash screen stays. It is alright

Guest genaldar

Thats weird. I haven't had a splash screen in the longest time and thats the only setting I remember changing. I'll go through it again and see what else I may've changed.

Stryder, just downloaded Weather Pulse and really, really like it. As I've had problems with other weather programs, this seems to work very well. Thanks for sharing!