www.apple.com v IE7

hkspike

When I try to open www.apple.com in IE7, my main PC says that IE7 has found some error and needs to shut down. When I try it on my laptop, IE7 says that Quicktime needs some plugin that's not available on the server and the page launches with a big white central panel.Anybody else seeing this? What's happening?

It works great on my MacBook Pro. :sweatingbullets: No problems on my work pc. I wonder if you have a corrupted copy on your computer. I would definitely reinstall.

I don't think so, Julia. 3 out of 3 PCs round the house fail (can't get on one it's running Sims 2!). I don't want to run an alternative to QT so I can view www.apple.com, after all this is their software. I don't find this a great advert for Apple. As an XP user, if I want to research an iPhone or iPod, my opening experience of Apple is a broken interface. Bit like trying to find anything on possibly the world's worst website www.nike.com

I have no trouble getting to the site and seeing the iphone (or whatever it will be named if the lawsuit follows through) on 2K in FF AND I do not have quicktime installed (I have QT alternative). Have you tried another browser?IE7 may still have a few bugs that need sorting out. I would be surprised if every site works perfectly in IE7 considering it is a fairly new browser.

• 2 weeks later...

It's strange that it doesn't work--but it's really strange that it doesn't work on 3 computers. I just tried with IE7 and it worked. I did not have QT installed. Going to the Quicktime page asked to "Run" quicktime, so I said yes. I downloaded and installed QT and tried again and it worked still. I did some Windows updates (including WMP 11), and it still worked. So I don't know. Is there some plugin or piece of software that you're using that would affect all 3 computers?