10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:56 AM

Posted Image

Just got back from a trans-Atlantic cruise to Rome from Miami along with our daughter and her family.
I took along my ancient Thinkpad with Debian Stretch and it worked fine. Quoting 10-year-old grandson - "Grandpa, your computer looks really old." :harhar:
The latest Private Internet Access client for Linux is really great. I used PIA in hotels in Miami and Rome and felt secure.
Internet at sea still sucks but it seems marginally faster than last time. Good enough for email at least.
After a 21 hour travel day on Tuesday we are home. I'm getting too old for this though.
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:02 AM

Too old or not, I'll bet it was FUN!
Posted Image

Posted Image Support Slackware: https://paypal.me/volkerdi

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,619 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:19 AM

View Postraymac46, on 18 April 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

The latest Private Internet Access client for Linux is really great. I used PIA in hotels in Miami and Rome and felt secure.

I think the opposite.. I use the client on one of my laptops and I found the newer client to be very unstable. I changed over to using Network Manager with the config file and it works great.

On most of my machines, I simply use openvpn with the PIA config file.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

I use the client on one of my laptops and I found the newer client to be very unstable
I haven't had the slightest problem with it so far. All I need to do is click a big power button and I'm in business.
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,619 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:06 PM

I also do not use the default config. I set higher encryption, kill switch, etc.
Posted ImagePosted Image

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#6 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:12 PM

The new client works fine for me in Windows as well.
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,619 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:13 PM

Well, we don't count Windows ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 18 April 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Yes the kids especially enjoyed this one. It was our first time on Royal Caribbean. My 8 year old granddaughter is a rock climbing wizard.
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,619 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

View Postraymac46, on 18 April 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 18 April 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Yes the kids especially enjoyed this one. It was our first time on Royal Caribbean. My 8 year old granddaughter is a rock climbing wizard.

For some reason, my eyes glanced at your reply and read it as "80 year old grandfather is a rock climbing wizard'. :hysterical:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

Not true. My grandfather would be 144 this year. I bet that is a bit too old for rock climbing. At least in this life.
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 24,619 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:22 PM

View Postraymac46, on 18 April 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

Not true. My grandfather would be 144 this year. I bet that is a bit too old for rock climbing. At least in this life.

Right..
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users